Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: F.E.N.R.I.S. - Collaboration Project

Simplifying is what I was talking about earlier (not putting too much elements in the story). I mean, we already have a big government conspiracy thing, a secret organization, cyborgs and the end of the world, we should stick to that, and be cautious about adding more stuff.
    The idea of having the Ragnarok project a secret, meaning that the Valkyrie's organization, Jett and Tyra don't know about the true intentions of the Ragnarok faction until a certain point in the story (which afterwards Tyra will report to the organization and then they will decide that killing Jett is the only way, and she'll go rogue). And about the true intentions of the Ragnarok government-wise, mabye having some inner circle of higher-ups and not just one doctor as the plotters?
    I still think that the Ragnarok should be something world-wide and not just the Valorian States, but that's just my opinion.

Mereana, I think that we can make use of your design and mabye alter it abit so it fits the character. Sure, upload it
    I'll proof-read the summary later, I don't have enough time right now

cool. maybe dr. l.Oki (good play on words there ) could report to some evil, sinister boss who we know nothing about until a final showdown between the boss and jett rerveals he's a cyborg too !? (gasp!) that could create a dramatic story ending. plus it would leave the option open of making the government officials omeone close to him/tyra who betrays them. eg. maybe jett's foster mum is the big high up government official?

as the word means world wide it would be cool if the initial raganrok project focused on destroying the valorian states as a tester, thatn if it suceeded they would go on to destroying the world?
    in your ideas of going rouge, would we end up with a jett and tyra against the world sort of thing, or would we have one of them go rouge in order to join forces with the other for what's right?

When I read through the ideas at the start of the thread I thought that #3 seemed really cool. It sounded like something I'd like to read.

thanks for your input kine! we'll go back and reveiw/develop that one as a possible project^-^

shnork, james what do u think?

well of course right now we're only brainstorming idea #5, there're still the other ones that require development.

About having someone close to them an official.. That could be nice. It shouldn't be his foster parents because they were chosen by the Valkyrie faction, it makes no sense. BUT, it could be cool if someone like his teacher or one of his best friends actually belongs to the Ragnarok faction, and spies on him just like Tyra does.
    Hey, what if the disaster that occured 11 years prior to the story was actually the 'Test Ragnarok' which was covered by the government to be an earthquake/tsunami/any other disaster? And after it was successful, Jett was kidnapped and had his memory wiped?
    Plus, we need to determine the nature of the Ragnarok- what exactly happens in it?

When I say going rogue I mean trying to stop the Ragnarok yet also fighting for surviving the attacks from the Valkyrie faction. IMO we should make it a turning point in the story like:
    Until the turning point, Jett works with the Valkyrie faction (god we really need a name for them), befriends some of them and works together with them. And then something happens, like Jett finds out that the Valkyrie faction are the ones who erased his memories and recovers them entirely, and the Valkyrie faction understands that becaue he recovered his memories there is no other option left but to destroy him. Then they become enemies, and a three-way war ensues between Jett&Tyra, The Ragnarok Faction and the Valkyrie Faction. Where Jett and Tyra are trying to stop the Ragnarok while keeping Jett alive, and the Valkyrie faction trying to kill Jett yet also fighting against the government. Something like that, help me develop this better.

BTW I think that we should start building the plotline since we have enough ideas, like the turning point (if you like it), the love story, the three-way war. Also we need to plan out the entire cast of characters.

Also I think it's too soon to write a summary since we are still brainstorming and we should make a summary only after we have everything settled and there won't be any major changes.
    Last edited by Shnorkel; 06-17-2012 at 04:25 AM.

I look forward to the design of Hel and Jett, Mereana and yeah i'm sorry for over complicating things, I seem to be good at that :/ lets simplify it a bit

And about the true intentions of the Ragnarok government-wise, mabye having some inner circle of higher-ups and not just one doctor as the plotters?
    I still think that the Ragnarok should be something world-wide and not just the Valorian States, but that's just my opinion.
    I just liked the idea of having a professor as the crazy antagonist but ok :P I do like the idea of having other higher ups as well, it could also add more potentials like what they plan after Ragnarok is failed and the world is saved by Jett and Tyra.

final showdown between the boss and jett rerveals he's a cyborg too !? (gasp!) that could create a dramatic story ending. plus it would leave the option open of making the government officials omeone close to him/tyra who betrays them. eg. maybe jett's foster mum is the big high up government official?
    Awesome idea maybe we could have it like... the proper threat was mortally wounded and had to become part machine to survive making him mentally unstable and blames the world for his injuries? I hope that's not too general :/ also I would like to point out that I find it unlikely that an organisation would want to destroy the world, I mean what would be the point in destroying the planet? It would end their lives too (unless they have a failsafe or a way to escape the apocalypse?), that is why I like the idea of having a couple of high up people but maybe not a whole organisation devoting themselves to the end of the world.

I also really like the idea of having the 11 years ago as the Ragnarok test run which resulted in Jett being stolen, reprogrammed and fostered and now the antagonists are starting up the real world ending project!

I like the idea of having someone close to him being a spy, and it has to be the teacher :P I also like the idea of a three way battle between Jett/Tyra v Organisation v Valkyries

@Shnorkel - I can think of hundreds of different disasters :P is there anything specific, like a nuclear armaggedon or a neurotoxin spread by the cyborgs? You specify and I shall invent (:<

And I think we should start the plotline and character profiles once we have gone back and reviewed the other ideas like #3 and sure i'll put off the summary for now, it was more for Mereana's benefit so she could up to date quickly

Shall we start reviewing Idea #3 now? We have gone into loads of details with this one so far

Sure go ahead, what were your ideas for the characters? What's gonna be the idea the story revolves around?

Need to do some mental digging til I rememer everything but I remember as much as there is a collection of about 3 main characters who are the inner core of the uprising and the main protagonists/antagonist. There is then 5 secondary characters who feature important parts but the focus isn't around them. Never named them as they would just be occasionally popping up as like an informant etc.

The two main protagonists are Audrey (F) and Tyo (M) and I never named the Protagonists-Turns-Antagonist. There is also a second antagonist sort of who's name is never found out and the man acts as an information gatherer for the Metropolis and relays orders to the unnamed antagonist from the Metropolis.

The story begins essentially them discussing plans about their lives in slavery which then leads onto the three main characters forming the initial uprising. Then they go off and recruit and try to sway the Dark Sector opinion without alarming the Metropolis who have armed guards and cameras set around the 'proximity area' (Like a massive fence/wall thing to keep them from escaping/entering the Metropolis) and conducting secret meets on how to break free. This part of the story will probably be slow moving and will involve secret meetings and such. There are also those that albeit are part of the Dark Sector but trade in information on uprising plots and stuff like that for extra 'amenities' to make their lives that little bit easier or promotions to higher ranks within the machine to escape the dangers (however it usually ends up with the rat being ripped apart and the Metropolis not caring).

The second half of the story revolves around the uprising barricading itself inside the Machine building and fending off attacks from the metropolis (there is also the section where they construct the barricades and primitive weaponry to defend themselves). This is also when the currently unnamed antagonist is found out be a rat as he made a deal with the Metropolis that if he can destroy the Uprising from the inside out from within the Machine walls he would be granted a restricted visa into the Metropolis. It also ends up him killing a majority of the secondary characters in secret, being exposed and in the end falling to his death trying to escape the building when he is finally found out. Initially I had intended for the uprising to fail which may prompt a second uprising later (as a separate project), however if you and Mereana want it to end on a high note then... we may need to reform it quite a bit :/

Extra: The plan of the Uprising is to starve the Metropolis of power from the Machine and so force them into a submission to give them 'rights'. It also needs to be mentioned that this idea was based by the uprising on the assumption that the Metropolis has no other back up energy sources (but as it is a futuristic city it unlikely so we could play about with that idea) and that the Metropolis need them alive to carry out the functions of the machines (so they won't just bomb the place and kill them all).

For the setting I had decided to leave it 'unknown' or hint towards different times and places so it was more mysterious but again that will also depend on whether or not the two of you are happy with this.

Need to know anything else just let me know and i'll post it up, I think I covered the majority of it though
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-18-2012 at 06:35 PM.

I don't really have anything to offer content wise, I think this idea is great and we should make progress with designing characters and concept art.
    Currently I'm starting a two-week long terrible studying session so I won't have time for drawing anything or participating in brainstorms. But when I'm done with it, I'm COMPLETELY FREE from ANYTHING! Meaning we can step it up with the project.

Awesome well I'll just continue to post up ideas and stuff on about this idea, also I'll invent the names and characters for convenience

@Mereana - Where are chuu? :'O