Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: F.E.N.R.I.S. - Collaboration Project

(Reworded my post with some new ideas)

The names for the organisation could be Farbauti and Laufey (or derivatives), which as you probably know is Loki's parents which is fitting because the man who created the cyborgs has his name based off of Loki.

Instead of switching sides we could also have him leaving her and being confused over who he is, his purpose and stuff like that which brings him to realize that he loves her and if Ragnarok goes ahead she will be killed and so will the city/state? I just think it would be unlikely for him to randomly change sides, you know a bit of an impulsive/rash decision from his point :/

Yeah a good ending would be good, where they actually beat them (and lives with the girl/cyborg of his dreams? :L)

I really like this idea of having the names based off of the gods and such from the Norse Mythos, works very well I feel also if we were to chose a floating city we could call it Asgard as it's a floating city and that's like their version of heaven? Also would there be any place where we could maybe fit the Valkyries as characters into it? Maybe like hunters from on the corporations tasked with finding Jett maybe?

Also what do you mean by exaggerating with elements? As in the names based off of the myths?

I just figured that if he finds out he's actually a cyborg and that his entire life until now was a lie he'd might go all "fuck everything" and join up with his 'real' family. But yeah it might be abit drastic switching sides if you say so.

Well, I'm not sure about having a city called Asgard. I was thinking about keeping the myth-names theme only with that certain secret government organization, and that everything else (like the country's name, and cities and school and everything else that isn't directly related to the Ragnarok) will have original names and won't be related to the myth.
    I do think that Valkyries can be either a third faction, or they can be Tyra's organization's hunters/squad/whatever. Valkyries is an awesome idea man!

When I said exaggerating with elements I was talking about the idea of having a corrupted powers ruling the segregated city.

In the meantime I just doodled some cool designs for Hati and Skoll, just as ideas for how they'd look.

Not necessarily drastic that's just how I saw it, it's your idea so if you want Jett to switch sides by all means we can have him switching sides xD but yeah I guess if you did find out your something different you would be like that and your frame of mind would be far from rational :P

Thanks, the Valkyries are awesome so its natural to have them in somewhere I guess :P and never mind about the Asgard idea, forgot the place was called the Valorian States >.> my bad :L

And awesome, will you post them up? Also do you mind if I were to have a go at Tyra if I get any free time tomorrow (I may not, got a busy schedule tomorrow though)? And is there any set themes you had in mind for the designs, like steampunk or futuristic etc?

I'm going to add the new ideas to post 2 :P
    Edit: Finished, check out the new wordings, I think they are all correct
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-15-2012 at 10:24 PM.

hi guys! sorry i wasn't around for shnorkel's brainstorming session :/
    this norse mythology-based idea is really interesting. the story doesn't even exsist yet, but just by reading the brainstorming i want to read it!

you guys have been throwing around alot of ideas about why jett could go rouge, but a good, less cliche reason for him to go rouge instead of his overwhelming love for tyra would be if he changes sides in order to save his foster family. even if they erased his memories and hid him from his true purpose, they were his family, and having him go rouge for the sake of saving them would bring some really strong morals into the center of the story. when he tells tyra that he's going rouge (this is a specific set of events, like shnorkel's begining) she might be so overcome with happiness at the fact that he's helping them that she throws herself into his arms and he realisises that she is also one of the unconsious reasons he wanted to help the valkeryies (tyra's organisation) in the first place, instead of just maybe just going and destroying the people who created him and the other cyborgs for the ragnarok (which would probably be easier).

what do you think? yes, no, maybe?

Demonfyre- Well, although I dig steampunk I don't thing it belongs to that setting. Try to go a wee bit futuristic but remember they wearing normal casual clothes or some futuristic school uniforms (which I doubt we'll make since this isn't set in Japan, but still- if we can make it look good then it's cool ).
    Like, I drew Skoll and Hati with simple somewhat casual badass outfits since they would usually want to blend in with the crowd. But I also think they could also wear some sort of futuristic armor / powersuits in some events in the story.
    The Valkyries will definitely need some awesome combat armour and uniforms! (When I say Valkyries I mean the combat troops the organization has. Or do you want the actual organization to be named Valkyries?)
    By all means go ahead and draw them. I think it's best that all of us draw all of the characters and just pick the best designs/fuse designs together.

Mereana- YES. Caring for his foster family even after he finds out everything because he still loves them is a good one!

So in the meantime we have:
    Jett (needs a surname)
    Tyra (^)
    Hati (Male, somewhat represents a wolf and the moon- but looks like an ordinary human)
    Skoll (Female, represents a wolf and the sun, same as Hati. They should look alike since they're 'sibilings')
    Dr. Laurence O'kinsella - let's be original and have him look NOTHING like the Loki in Marvel! lol
    (The designs for Hati & Skoll are just a suggestion by me, if you have other ideas they're welcome)

We also need to think of Jett's foster parents (mabye any sibilings? or mabye not, his foster parents can be infertile), his friends (we might even use the female bestfriend that's in love with the main character cliche), and mabye some members of The Valkyries / That organization. There's also lots of room for more androids / cyborgs from the Ragnarok / Farbauti / whatever faction since there are more of Loki's children in the mythos.

Don't want to get too absurd but I'm going to throw this in quickly, remember that Skoll and Hati are cyborgs yes? So maybe instead of them wearing powersuits (for lack of a better name) they could transform into them? Just a suggestion as they are robotic organisms after all xD

And with the name Valkyries I suppose they could be their black op military core and Would make sense with the name personally I'm not sure for the names of organisations other than the suggest to use Loki's parents as their names.

@Mereana - That's an amazing way to get him to switch side and definitely less cliched! So you would be happy with this idea? It's not too far in said direction for you?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-16-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Sounds like a nice idea Demon, transforming does sound cool

Well, here's the sketch I made of those two.
    SPOILER! :

It's meh.. I just really like Hati's hair and coat and Skoll's hair, the rest looks lousy IMO. Also in this design Hati is an albino and Skoll is a somewhat tanned blond :3

Haha those designs look really good especially what i'm going to describe it as 'war paint' on their faces :P maybe we could have it that all the cyborg units have these unique designs on their faces? And if possible maybe make it somehow reflect the units personality in a way? Or is that to far fetched :L

Also back onto the transforming thing, we would also be able to base it off of their norse mytho as that seems to be the common theme with this idea :P like both would have similar looking wolf forms (maybe one black and the other white?), the transforming idea is still in early days but im sure it could work well :P have to wait to see what Mereana thinks as well though

With Hati and Skoll are we gonna have them as like twins or a pair? It just seems fitting in a way to have them similar and working together as a pair?

On my attempts at design i'll try to have a casual looking badass theme going, not sure if i'll be very good at it though (my imagination seems to have taken a hit recently ) but i'll give it a shot hopefully I will get a chance today and if not i'll make some time tomorrow

Adding stuff to teh post...
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-16-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Umm it's more of a tattoo thing rather than war paint, and yeah it can be something uniform for the cyborg units, and not necessarily on their faces too.
    IMO Hati and Skoll shouldn't be always working together as a pair. I mean, there can be times when they do but if they constantly work in a pair it makes them both shallow characters since they will be viewed as 'one entity'.
    If you get a chance look at fashion designs like Joodito for inspiration- I think that's a great example for clothing designs fitting that period of time.

Also if you get the chance, read about Hel. I think having a bionic body waist down and half of her face bionic aswell would be cool. She could be a skinny gothic/depressed girl wearing all black. That's just how I imagine her as a character
    Then there's Jormungand.. Damn, he's a freaking goldmine of design ideas.

Tattoo! That's the word I was looking for xD

Good point, let's keep them separate then also just to clarify whilst in designing Tyra is a cyborg too yes?

And yeah that does sound good for Hel especially if she were the super computer thing but I think we were reserving that for someone else were we not?

Just sketching about, not anything good yet much to my dismay where did you get inspiration from? Just Joodito? (which in looking at now). Argh and I just can't make any good hairstyles >.> what has happened to me lol