Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I don't get about the rules

Something I don't get about the rules

Really now, isn't there different rules in every forum? like in the chatterbox, I haven't seen any "don't necropost" in the rules there.

I only see it in GD and some other forum..

And in some other forum there's indicating that don't make a thread like it if there's already a thread like it.

Do we have to follow all of the rules and Wherever it is?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    1: That's like a global rule of forums all over the place, stated or not. It's just generally accepted to not necropost, especially if a thread is half a year or older.

2: If it's obvious there's another thread like it that is fairly recent, then either it'll be acceptable to necro the older thread, or keep the newer one due to the older thread being too old. Then in other cases, both will just remain dead, and the older one will be used for reference. This mostly happens in the Drawing and Tutorial section.
    Usually it's a mistake. Most people don't go through to the beginning of time making sure there's no thread like the one they're getting ready to post.

3: Really depends. Always follow the Rio-stated main rules, but there are often sly exceptions, just like life rules. Sorta like how it's illegal to jaywalk, people do it anyway, and quite frequently. Etc. etc. Even mods slip up and don't really give a shit, though It's just a good idea not to deliberately test any of the rules.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

this has confused me as well. Wouldn't it be easier for everyone if we had 1 thread at the "ask a mod", "welcome wagon" or "general discussion" where all the rules are written for new and old members to easier know what's allowed or not?

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

the GD rules are pretty much accepted as global rules for the forum. Tbh, idk why the necroposting rule isn't in the Chatterbox rules list. But I mean, why would you even do that in the first place

If we make another thread about the topic, that would make it breaking the rule "don't post thread topics if there's already one about it"
    Gunz seeems to understand why I did that.

Also I hope your not making up that rule that GD rules are global rules.

Seeing as I wrote the rules its just inconvenient that my rules are listed in the same place as the gd rules. They apply to everything.

I mean when you read them its p obvious.

And if you dont know if something will be frowned upon its p easy to ask.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Only place I think a necro post in a thread older than 6months is allowed is in the CC and ONLY if it is YOUR art thread. Don't necro an art thread that hasn't been posted in forever because people abandon art all the time and it confuses the new members.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    The GD rules are generally seen as global rules. As Psy said, the only place you can necro is the CC. Anyways, I'll make clarifications in each of the rules that the GD rules are global rules unless otherwise noted.

That's a problem Rio, atleast make a separate rule in the artist area.

You do understand that with the GD rules I can't post in my thread in manga & anime work section cause it's already months older.
    And I can't make another topic of it cause it's already rules not to make a topic of it if it's already done.

And there would also be a problem in the writters arena if they can't necropost their thread if it's months old

I like psy & gunz rules about not necroposting 6 months old.
    but what's with obeying these non-artist mods rules?

But hey if you want to make your forum this way I'll just go and be silent about it.

What? It's your thread. If you're adding new content to it, then you can post in it. Idk if you read the GD rules thoroughly but the whole point of not necroing is because the person who made the thread is probably long gone. You're still here, so you can post in your thread as long as its not pointless stuff.