Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things you'd like to do before 21/30/40

You make a good argument.

However having millions of monehs does make life a lot easier :P
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.

I don't care so much about the loot as long as I have enough to live comfortably I'm good.

Since I'm 39 though...

...I REALLY need to knock some chick with a big brain & good genes up before December.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    There are things in my life that I want or want to get accomplished that may never happen and I'm ok with that. Setting a goal is fine and all but there is so much pressure that if you don't achieve it you are some kind of disappointment to yourself and possibly others. As long as these are goals that YOU want then it's fine to because then you are responsible for it all but I hate having other people try to set my goals.
    Overall tho setting these goals by certain ages sounds like you are competing with other people to prove who is better and to look down on others because they aren't as successful as you. I am not saying its allways that but it seems like it a lot of the time. I want to beat out other people but that's to show that I am worth just as much not more than them.

I want to be healthy. I'm not right now and I'm taking steps to achieve this by changing my diet and excercising regularly.
    I want to live a long life. I can't totally control this because who really knows what's going to happen? But I can influence it by being healthy and making smart decisions to keep me out of harms way.
    Own my own home. I would love to have a huge house that I can have done exactly how I want but I don't need it. I just want a place to call my home and be able to just say its mine and nobody else's (unless it's my husband).
    I want to be financially stable. I don't need millions of dollars (but again it'd be nice). I want to have enough money on hand for what ever comes my way like bills grocery household and all that plus a savings to get me thru any hard times or unexpected exspenses I may incur. I'm working on just getting $1000 in my bank for now and having some peace of mind knowing I have it (I am nowhere near that goal tho honestly).
    I want to have kids. I will adopt or pay for a surrogate if I have to! I don't need a man in my life and will be a single mother if I have to!
    I want to live a happy life. If I can achieve all of these goals then I will be happy and know I did something I wanted with my life.
    Last edited by Psy; 06-11-2012 at 01:33 PM.

I could break it down into minute details, but for the most part, I'm actually happy with & have accomplished the things I'd like to do...except for having a kid. I mean, I already live comfortably within my means, I have a published 3 albums (one won an award), I've mastered 2 forms of martial arts & working towards a 3rd, been abroad to Europe, Africa & the Caribbean, just published a comic & working on a second, found true love (& lost it heh heh heh).

Nah, I'm good except for having a son or daughter. Maybe going to Japan & China too.

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Beat the big white guy with brown hair(Grim) shown at 2:25-2:26 ata stickfight/swordfight, I would then have completed my life's goal.

Also get a Bachelors in Japanese and Business. Languages are fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Psy's goals are pretty much the exact same ones I have, though it's not like they're really far out there or anything.
    Anyway for the microbiology thing it's all about how I do enjoy biology and microbiology seems interesting and who know I may learn something that makes my life worth something.
    And for the learning as much as I can thing, well I love to learn new things and if I could I'd learn all there is to know.

Microbiology is an excellent field to be getting into at the moment if your wanting to work in industry (except the food industry it seems) personally though i'm doing it to get into medicine

I mostly agree with Psy.

College is still a couple years off, but I think I want to major in English and Japanese, and hopefully teach English in Japan. I'd love to publish a book, but if I don't it's not the end of the world. When I get older, I want to visit New Zealand and the Virgin Islands.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Living is fun, but living the good life is better.

I'm not all too concerned with my health, I was earlier, but I'm more healthy than I was.
    I want kids, or at least to raise them, because kids are great and I'm pretty good with them. I would prefer having a partner doing so because speaking as a divorced kid, it's not right to have only one parent around.
    I am not concerned with living a long as long as I don't have kids. Live hard die young. If I do have them though, I'd feel obligated to stick around. (Duh.)
    I want to make a difference somehow, so I plan on doing some work in the Peace Corps or some similar organization.
    Because of that, I want to learn Mandarin in College. I'd much rather prefer taking Japanese, but ... They don't seem to need a lot of aid. Plus, I don't plan on doing that sort of thing forever, and Mandarin is a good language for business and such.
    I want to get a law degree because it's one of my major interests, and it seems more employable than art. Not by much though. Another option would be an education degree, because as I said, I'm good with kids. Also if I did that I'd have time to draw a lot in the summer and I would have more time to work towards changing careers if I wanted to.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.