Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WHo in Mt would you rather meet at the boxing ring

The thing is, in a fight, you can only learn if you survive. So why would you want to die or get crippled just to learn some bullshit lesson. And ya, Musashi was great, he would be a dirty fighter, but he would be the only one understanding that if you pick to play the game, you must be ready for anything.

But this is boxing, I would survive.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    The thing is, in a fight, you can only learn if you survive.
    This ^

Dying with honor still means you died

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    lol you think no one's ever died from boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I think you are not understanding something, which is the core on every fight, and its that: the other guy is going to kill you. Doesn't mater if its box or kick boxing or fencing, the goal of the other guy is to make you useless, not just for this fight, but for the next, make you so you can't pick a fight again. Yes in boxing there are rules so people don't end crippled or with brain damage (even so they might get it anyway), but the other guy is not going to hold himself back, he is going to destroy you mentally and physically, because he knows, that you are going to do the same if he gave you the chance. At the end its a mater of taking the fight seriously, if you are not doing it, you die, if you are doing it, you are going to do anything that's to be done to survive, even if you have to cheat, because you don't want to get traumatized, with brain damage, with broken bones and traumatized ligaments. ya, you might not going to die, as in boxing is not allowed to kill someone, but the other guy knows that if he get his guard down, if he don't give everything on the fight, he might become the one who gets crippled or traumatized, so as the same that the other guy is not playing with you, but fighting you, you should also think in fighting that guy and use whatever you have to survive.

Also, people have die in box fights, reason why they are more severed about the rules. But that doesn't stop fighters to gave everything they have to win.

I know several people have died in Boxing. Frankie Campbell, Ernie Schaff, Apollo Creed((Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck)) Duk Koo Kim((reason why the 15 rounds went to 12, more ropes were added to the ring, and reason why fighters are checked by doctors before a fight)

don't try this at home kids

seriously,don't

Lesson learned: don't fight pros, fight who you think is weaker than you so you can survive and learn.

If you were in a real (amateur or pro) boxing match the other guy wouldn't beat you to death on purpose, that's why you have a referee. They'd happily knock you out, but only the most pumped boxer would want to carry on after that. ClockHand has a bit of a romantic view of fighting.

In practice the other guy would go as hard or as soft as he thought you could take. If you're about as skilled as him, he'd probably go full on. But if you've just started sparring then you'd probably get paired with a more experienced guy, who'd go soft but firm - he'd point out your vulnerabilities by punching you, but he wouldn't get aggressive and beat the crap out of you. That's not why you're there, and that's not why he's there. Only newbie boxers go full strength in practice.

I mean, this is second-hand information but does ClockHand really believe that most fighters are such douchebags that they'd try and kill the other person?

EDIT: Also I don't think it's even possible to kill someone in modern fencing. Fencing is a sport, not a martial art. Have you seen the bendy swords and the thick armour? I think the sword would break long before it went into someone.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 06-12-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    lol are we really talking about killing people in a joke thread.