Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: WHo in Mt would you rather meet at the boxing ring

Wow nice life you got there clock

Soon I'm going to have my Final on fencing, and after that I must have to pick between German, Italian and Spanish (Real Destreza) schools to keep on the advanced classes. I don't know which one to pick. Any help?

German fencing is cool, is very blunt and straight forward, they are basically the manliest of the manliest, a very war kind of combat. Italian are assholes who more than winning they try to humiliate their opponents (more focused on dueling). And Spanish is more centered in dueling and surviving a duel, its very mathematical (kinda like Capo Ferro) and its very intellectual. I like all those things.

Have you considered trying out a hybrid style?

I could, but first I need to learn one, so I must pick one of those.

But some of those can't be mixed, by example, German can't be mixed with Spanish, as in Real Destreza (Spanish) you use a Florete and in German you use a long sword (or two handed sword), and in Italian you can use a long sword or two handed sword, but if you go to Capo Ferro you end using a rapier. So is basically: Spanish<>Italian<>German. And I need to pick one to start with.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I don't know of anyone on MT who is really into fights except for me. I know some people do Kenpo or Tae Kwon Do, but I have never saw them fight, but I do know how I fight and how good can I be. Also, I got patronization requests for Muay Thai matches and Todo Vale, so I guess I'm in a good level.

Oh, I would probably fight Black Shaggie, but he is probably very "traditionalist" kinda of fighter, you know, the ones who respect their masters and the teachen's. And I'm kinda of an asshole who cheats a lot (there is no shame in exploiting peoples weakness in a fight, they must be ready for someone to exploit their weakness in the first place).
    Allow me to demonstrate the skill of Shaolin. The special technique of Shadowboxing.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

so advice for fencing school?

If we fought it would be a battle of who could cheat the best because I would fill my pockets with sand and hide a large number of small pistols on my person

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    so advice for fencing school?
    Were you just using the Wu-Tang sword style against me? I've learned so many styles. Forgive me.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'm feeling inspired to start training.-does 1 armed push-ups to the rocky theme-

@ Everybody (Except Haishida):

I would own you all.

if you fight with honor, courage & puropse you shall always prevail. If you enter into battle for selfish means you're destined to be defeated by your own shortcomings.

Plus I used to box BFORE the 6 yrs of Wah Lum & 6 yrs of Bung Bo & the gong 9 years of Ma Family Wu Style Taiji Chuan.

Besides...experience is ultimately the deciding factor in most fights.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 06-11-2012 at 08:54 AM.