Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: WHo in Mt would you rather meet at the boxing ring

CockHand was
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

On honor & fighting: Honor doesn't mean you'll go easy on an opponent just because they got hurt & want to go on. It means you'll respect him or her as a warrior & give them your all in battle. Some fighters use dirty tactics & that's okay as long as they're giving they're all. I would never go easy on some dude if I hurt him & he still wants to play. I'd respect him & try my best to end him quickly. I hope he'd do the same for me too. The honor, courage & purpose I was referring to in my original post means that one will give their best to fight will all that one has, never become frightened by an opponent's power if its greater than theirs (I figure if you got yourself into you have to handle it) & one should only fight for a significant reason or cause. For me, that purpose is(was) usually to test my own ability & to see how strong I can become. Since I started practicing Taiji things have changed a bit though.

@ Clocks: I'd love to learn more about fencing in general. I just started the Wu Style Taiji Saber form in my class & its cool.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    CockHand was
    He seems like the type who would.

After his lecture on sword fighting i'll never forget to block with the flat of my strong.

Quote Originally Posted by CockHand
    I think you are not understanding something, which is the core on every fight, and its that: the other guy is going to kill you. Doesn't mater if its box or kick boxing or fencing, the goal of the other guy is to make you useless, not just for this fight, but for the next, make you so you can't pick a fight again. Yes in boxing there are rules so people don't end crippled or with brain damage (even so they might get it anyway), but the other guy is not going to hold himself back, he is going to destroy you mentally and physically, because he knows, that you are going to do the same if he gave you the chance. At the end its a mater of taking the fight seriously, if you are not doing it, you die, if you are doing it, you are going to do anything that's to be done to survive, even if you have to cheat, because you don't want to get traumatized, with brain damage, with broken bones and traumatized ligaments. ya, you might not going to die, as in boxing is not allowed to kill someone, but the other guy knows that if he get his guard down, if he don't give everything on the fight, he might become the one who gets crippled or traumatized, so as the same that the other guy is not playing with you, but fighting you, you should also think in fighting that guy and use whatever you have to survive.
    ClockHand thinks all fighting is street fighting
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    How about a friendly spar?
    *kills you*
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    TBH I can't fight worth shit. As in, if I consciously stepped into a ring to fight another person I wouldn't be able to hit them. Typically I get hit first, then my body makes quick work of em before I can even think about it. So to put short: I can't fight, I can only rage really hard.

Adrenaline junkieeeee.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    ClockHand thinks all fighting is street fighting
    It isn't? Jk, but I think like Clock does even if fighting with padded sticks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Have you ever play fought with anybody. And furthermore, are they still alive?
    <My comic

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Yes. Yes. They had to respawn first though. Unless they killed me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.