Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Endings You have seen.

Has any one of you played Ever 17 ?

Its ''bad'' endings are....well....

First they give you light, then they give you a mindfuck, after that they make you worry. Then its a good looong stretch of slowly spiraling into hopelessness and sadness. Then its a roller-coaster of high-hopes and misery. The endings are the worst.... its either a bitter-sweet end or an end that rips out your heart and burns it in the flames of disappointment and unfairness.
    I beg any of you that have time to read a good VN to download this thing and read though it.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    Has any one of you played Ever 17 ?

Its ''bad'' endings are....well....

First they give you light, then they give you a mindfuck, after that they make you worry. Then its a good looong stretch of slowly spiraling into hopelessness and sadness. Then its a roller-coaster of high-hopes and misery. The endings are the worst.... its either a bitter-sweet end or an end that rips out your heart and burns it in the flames of disappointment and unfairness.
    I beg any of you that have time to read a good VN to download this thing and read though it.
    The good endings also tend to go that way, only they end on a better note than the grim bad endings(Except for the true end, which ends a bit too well)

Clannad; After Story
    Saikano
    This Ugly yet Beautiful World
    Elfen Lied
    Madoka Magica
    Nana
    Paradice Kiss

I could go on, but the list would be too long. D:
    Want some cyanide with that cupcake?

Chrno Crusade.. I never saw anyone post anything about this anime/manga..
    but the ending really did make me cry
    I bleed endlessly, tonight as I hear your last requiem with the soothing melody of the dying hurling wind...

What about the really fugged up ending to Akira? Am I the only one who felt bad for Tetsuo? Let that be a lesson to you kids....if you have latent psionic abilities & low self esteem, don't do drugs.

Its weird how in the comic and movie you'll find different reasons for empathizing with tetsuo. Both amazing pieces of fiction.

I'm Not a Spammer!
    Soul Eater. The anime. You know, the ending's so bad it's SAD!

Edit: wait a minute, talking about endings so bad they're sad... Evangelion. As for a really sad ending, Death Note maybe. idk.
    Last edited by Mystick10; 11-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.

I loved Death Note's ending. It was perfect how Mr. Pretentiousness Yagami himself was reduced to a frantic, anxious outward maniac in the final moments. What I did not like about it, though, is how N exploited his own pretentiousness to bring about the ending. So it's good with what happens to Light, but what happens with Near irks me still.

Most recently, probably Tokyo Magnitute 8.0. Being an older sibling in a similar household, it really struck a chord with the whole story, let alone the last episode. T-T Given the events of last years earthquake, that too would make the series heartwrenching to viewers. Honestly one of the most emotional endings/series that I've seen.

7 8 9 Member
    Clannad After Story was the saddest for me. D=