Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Saddest Endings You have seen.

I don't know if i find this one sad or disturbing but it's school days for me. Others would probably be Burst Angel or Witchblade.

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    I have to agree, the ending of Angel Beats made me sad. But that's Key for you.
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

Code Geass- English ending cause he really died in that one

Clannad After Story.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    Has anyone mentioned Air yet? That was probably the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Samurai Champloo. Cause it ended.
    Omg yes.

I'd say Bebop as well.

Still kinda surprised no one have mentioned Toy Story 3

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Toy Story 3 didn't hit me as hard as most, though I wish it would have. I didn't have any toys I really loved since childhood that I had to part with as an adult, though. I missed out. And really, was it all that sad? Though I didn't cry to it, I found it to be one of the best happy endings Pixar has made (and I love Pixar, so that says something). It takes a lot more skill to write a tearfully happy ending than a tearfully sad one.

As for actual sad endings, I haven't seen many--and 90% of anime with "sad" endings just makes me groan because of how poorly it's executed. None, really. I don't watch sad movies most of the time (rented Glory earlier today--gonna see how that turns out). So I'll go with this:

Fellowship of the Ring spoilers:
    SPOILER! :
    Not truly the ending, but Boromir's redemption and death. He falls to the temptation of the ring, tries to take it from Frodo, repents, and tries to protect Merri and Pippin. He takes an arrow, stands again, keeps fighting, takes another arrow, keeps fighting, and only stops after a third arrow, after which he's left alive to see the hobbits captured, thus making it look to him as if his redemption was meaningless.

Also, this was one of those tearfully happy moments, but Frodo rescuing Sam in the river-crossing scene. So simple, so obvious, yet so beautiful.

I liked Fellowship better than the sequels, but in Return of the King:
    SPOILER! :
    Frodo saying goodbye to Sam.

agree on the return of the king part... but on the fellowship of the ring. I kinda feel sader after Gandalf's disappearance than what you mentioned.

SPOILER! :
    because Borimir was kind of a jerk before he died and even if he sacrificed himself for saving the hobbits, I was too pissed at him to feel sorry for him. It just went too quick. But in the Gandalf incident, the sad part wasn't when he "died" (even though he returned in two towers) it was later when you saw them walking out of the caves and being sad for the rest of the movie cause they lost their best friend. And the elves song for him and such (if I remember right. Long time since I watched it).

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Elfen Lied's ending hit me like a ton of bricks, but I understand that's a polarizing one, since
    SPOILER! :
    it hints at Nyuu's survival, and Lucy is arguably a horrible murderer, depending on whether you accept the justification of her past twisting her into being like that (I did, oh my god the scene with the dog and the little kids, uggggh my feelings).
    Elfen Lied is pretty much the only thing which I've had an actual significant emotional response to. I spent a few days after watching it being sad and quiet. Didn't help that I missed some details because I'm horribly inattentive and tend to do that, and it was the second time I watched it that I took the full blow of Mariko's story. Oh my, that STANG. Don't know what it is about that show but it gets to me.

Toy Story 3 is probably worth a mention, I didn't expect something so moving from a Pixar film, so it took me off guard. Although they've been doing that a lot lately. First sequence of UP, anyone?