Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V-Type (Concept Stage.)

V-Type (Concept Stage.)

Yo. My inability to stick to one bloody idea is getting a bit ridiculous, so I thought I’d post the foundations of my newest project in advance this time. If any of you guys want to note any mega clichés, pet peeves or general turn-offs you find, it would be really appreciated. Blatantly telling me that you just plain find the plot mega boring is also acceptable. ;I

///

Name: V-Type
    Genre: Military Sci-fi / ‘Hard’ Mecha / Drama / Comedy-ish elements

Basic Plot:

2051. The rapid expansion of private companies into space mining ventures has led to a completely new social order, with the Earth, the Moon and Mars de-facto holding the same amount of power between them after decades of war and political unrest.

The alliance was holding well, until the mining colony on Ceres was suddenly hit by a cataclysmic terrorist attack, irradiating the entire dwarf planet for years to come, and sending brand new waves of animosity rumbling between the three powers.

Vesta is caught in a middle; A tiny proto-planet that the newly-formed “interplanetary peacekeeping initiative” are tearing apart looking for the culprit of the terrorist attack… or a scapegoat, at the very least.

The story begins as Alane Genev, working for the Vesta’s intelligence committee, finally manages to track down and recruit a reclusive ex-Ceres special forces soldier called Gregori Polov.

Little do either of them know that the witch hunt is only just warming up…

-Characters-

Name: Gregori Polov
    Nationality: Cerusian (German/Polish genetically speaking.)
    Basic Description: A planetary war veteran with a slightly dopey, thuggish, socially clueless personality. Tactically speaking, however, he is extremely astute and always seems to be one step ahead of enemies and allies alike. None the less, his stoic attitude and inability to understand other people has always prevented him from climbing in rank in the past.

Name: Alane Genev
    Nationality: Vestian (French genetically speaking.)
    Basic Description: A young hothead with a fireball personality and a short temper, Alane has little patience for idiots and an extremely naïve attitude towards combat scenarios. She is a particularly proficient fighter and lander pilot, but joined the intelligence service rather than the actual Vestian Guard because of her preference for independence.

-Mecha-

Name: A3LB (Commonly nick-named the “Alb.”)
    Production company: Lunar Ballistics.
    Height/Weight: 8 Meters / 84 Tonnes
    Basic Description: A relatively small, light weight Lander, with great weapon and sensor carrying ability. Both of it’s engines are Arcjets, meaning good performance but expensive fuel. There are many alternate configurations and new weapon options within this family, making it a favourite for military special forces.

Name: NAL1 “Netvor”
    Production company: Navotny Orbital Assemblies.
    Height/Weight: 12 Meters / 472 Tonnes
    Basic Description: An extremely dense, robust behemoth, the Netvor is actually faster in a straight line than the A3 series because it’s larger Ion thrusters. This also means that it runs on cheaper fuel, but suffers greatly from a reduced carrying capacity, and thus inferior weapons and sensors, and also a seriously stunted range.
    Last edited by Regantor; 05-19-2012 at 10:06 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Awwww year. New Regcomic. You better not abandon this one, mang.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I feel like you should show the leaders of these companies as characters, a lot of mecha anime seem to not do this. "We work for these companies, and we do not know why we fight, but we do." Seems like this will surely stray away from that, but you could strongly drive the point home by chronicling a troubled corporate executive's daily mishappenings or sorts of things. I think Phantom: Requiem for a Phantom did this best as I have seen in any anime, but I mean I don't really read a lot of mangoes or watch a lot of animu, so I wouldn't really know. But yeah that's just what I think, I think just doing what you put down will be really cool and I'll like it a lot man, so go for whatever man.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Nice mechs, dude. I see a lot of Steel Battalion influence.

@ Kodos; I'll do my best not to man. I agree that sorta crap happens way too often...

@ Sylux; I'm not sure how much of a major plot point such things would be, but you do have a point that in both Gundam and anything Cyberpunk, the leaders of any coorperation that matters tend to be hopelessly immoral genocidal scumbags... So, yeah, it would make sence for them to actually have proper motivations for once. Cheers for the comments.

@ Cypress; Thanks man. It's probally a little there, but I've never actually played SB, through. £100 controller, wtf.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The leaders of IRL corporations are hopelessly immoral genocidal scumbags.

You don't become CEO of a massive corporation in an ultra capitalistic environment by caring about the ethical ramifications of your actions.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Well, hey, even greed or prejudice are actual motivations. I'm just saying that I'm going to try harder to avoid ending up with Colonel Killing from Gundam 0080. XD

Also, freewebs spazzed out yesterday, so sorry for the lack of images, guys.

Also also, I'm interested to hear what people think of the characters. Am I being a pooper scooper by always making them so intentionally ugly all the time?...

Relevant; Another cut of Alane that isn't going to be used-

This time around I'm planning on actually inking the pages for once, and using a 10"x15" format, also... How much that is gonna blow up in my face is yet to be seen. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Also also, I'm interested to hear what people think of the characters. Am I being a pooper scooper by always making them so intentionally ugly all the time?...
    I always thought that was kind of cool, actually.

Thanks dude. It may be an idea to hit an easy medium, but I'm certainly not about to turn this into another gaggle of space bishies at any rate. Just wondering if it was actively a turn-off. ;I

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Clearly Reg should have Warren Buffet a main character.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14