Thread: Critique needed On Kaida Hara's Work (Please)

Critique needed On Kaida Hara's Work (Please)

Ok so first of all I'm Kaida (just another person who loves manga and art). Although I've only been drawing for a year I've felt I've been improving. My current Q for your A is a resent drawing I've down for a first offical scetch of my characters from a manga I want to work on.

http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/q...20120531_3.jpg

I'm mostly worryed about this drawing because I started with the eyes while I normaly start with a head shape. How do you feel it turned out and PLEASE give your personal opion on how to improve. I'm perfectly ok with hate. This is a both press or prasie thread post (my talk for you can say its good or not it won't hurt my feelings).

Also while your at it could you look at this drawing I've done of grell form black butler?

http://s447.photobucket.com/albums/q...nt%3Dgrell.jpg

Thanks so much for the help. I've tryed hard to find a place were artist (of manga) can get advise from other artists who enjoy manga and anime. So happy I came across this sight.

Could you post the images as images and not links?

In the first picture, it looks pretty cute! One thing is that the boy's nose isn't centered and it kind of throws off the face.

The second picture's pretty good, too. you may want to tilt the eyes down on the left (does that make sense?) to go with the rest of the face.

Good job! Keep up the good work!

I have tryed posting the pictures and it didn't work so the url's were the next best thing. Also I just want to point out that in the first drawing they are both girls. It's from my manga idea and they are the main characters. Yoko and Kume (left to right) and technicly are fiternal twins (no this is not at all yuri) and Kume is often mistaken for a guy in the story line. This is a more maskulen drawling but I've done a more fimanen one of her before to... anyways I just had to say that but thanks so much fo those who have answered so far.

There is a button in the quick reply and advanced reply where you can see a framed tree, its between the button that look like a planet (for the direct link) and a film (for videos). The button between those 2 is to post images, which must be used with direct links of the picture.

1st pic: The necks are too thick for a Female, and the mouth is a bit too slanted on Kume, it's also too much to the right. Whole face is a tad bit too small. Overall looks good, though.

2nd pic: The first thing I thought of when I saw this was \. Everything is pretty much out of proportion. The way you drew his eyes is meant for the face to be straight, and not slanted, when your face slants to a side, so does your eyes. and same as the first picture, the mouth is too much to the >.

Good job on them c;

Ok you have these images in album too . So go there click on image , click on that image again until it shows in different panel . Then right click select 'copy image location'
    then come here paste the link and edit begining and end of link as
    [IMG]link.jpg[/IMG]
    or for spoiler edit as
    SPOILER! :
    [IMG]link.jpg[/IMG]
    Write
    SPOILER! :
    and
    at begining and end including IMG code.
    I think it is easy .
    Last edited by trilokcool3; 06-05-2012 at 06:25 AM.

On Photobucket, go to the right of your screen. Then click the text to the right of "IMG code." Then after it says "copied," come here and paste the code. Like so:

I guess I learned more about posting then my pictures. Thanks I'm pretty new here and still learning

^ don't worry you will pick it up quickly ^_^ the second picture reminds me of Soul from Soul Eater and I don't see any faults in either picture, they are looking awesome so keep up the good work