Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I has a gundam question

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    It was most peoples' first gundam show and the characters were designed to appeal to female fans.
    ok then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    I didn't love Wing for the story, I barely gave a damn. I loved it cause it had the most action, and still love it for that reason.
    Most action for you I guess is invincible suits killing other suits for free because they literally can't be hurt

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Exactly. Shit was so boss. I'm just a fan of cannon fodder scenes I guess, some of the time at least.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I have yet to see a Gundam series I actually like. To be fair though, I haven't seen 0083 or War in the Pocket, both of which sound fairly interesting.

8th ms team is pretty good if you ignore the love story and the fact that a person can fight with with their cockpit open and survive no problem

Did try watching that at one point, but it was the whole 'Romeo and Juliet' thing that put me off. I'll give it another go sometime.

Yeah the whole love story thing is utter shit but it has some of the best mech fighting in anime ever. Also none of the characters are aces excluding one antagonist so its pretty grounded.

8th MS Team is one of the best.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Gundam Wing ironically had some of the best cannon fodder mechs IMO. Tragos, Aries, the Tallgeese... wtf. It was also the very first anime I properly watched. But yeah, there is just no dramatic tension at all now that I look back at it.

08th MS team... I still think was pretty good up until about half way. Yeah, the cheesy love story really did a number on it, but the combat scenes are some of the best, like Jubeh said.

Seed was terrible. Just all kinds of tedious characters and awful plotting. The mecha look and act too much like toys, even, so the action is 'meh' at best. Sorry Gunz, but that's like the one series I can't even semi-defend. >_>
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Pretty much every Gundam series has -something- wrong with it, lol. You can't really fully defend one, just like parts about it. I only really dug Seed cause of the mech designs, which I just adored... mainly Buster Gundam though. The combat was highly repetitive, and at some parts you could obviously tell they just mirrored frames and put em back in: Gundam flys from the left and shoots, blowing up a helpless MS. Gundam flys from the right and shoots, blowing up another helpless MS... the same one actually.
    lol
    <My comic