Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I has a gundam question

There's nothing wrong with zeta and uc is only bad because the producers were a toy company that exerted their influence over the show regardless of what the story needed.

Everything about seed was intentional. I get you saying you like the suits. That's normal. I like a lot of suits from shows I hate but that doesn't make them worth watching at all.

I always thought the weirdest thing about Zeta was the way that they suddenly dropped all other forms of transport... I mean, the original series had all sorts of weird fighters, tanks and mobile armours, all of which stood reasonably fair chances of killing suits. But in every series after the original? Pow, gone... I'm not saying that every series is bad because of this or anything, I'm just saying it's weird because that was what made the original so edgy for the time. The mobile suits were just supposed to be vehicles too; That was the entire point.

But yeah. I guess that's executive meddling for you.

Also, Igloo had tanks and stuff but I'm not really sure wither to even count that as a full, proper series or not. It's mostly hotblooded hunkajunk anyway, but kind of interesting in that I haven't seen another series past Votoms that does things in the same way.

Anyone actually seen Unicorn yet? I've been hearing good things.
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-04-2012 at 06:54 PM.

I've seen a few eps of Unicorn. It's okay - standard sort of stuff you'd expect from a Gundam series, fairly well handled and nice to look at. Has a touch of the 'greatest hits album' about it, I think.

Tried watching Zeta as well, but I struggled to follow it. Presumably, my not having finished 0079 being the reason why. Great theme tune though and I did like the character art.
    Last edited by Gaff; 06-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Yeah you won't understand zeta as well without 0079 especially char's character.

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I liked 00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    What about ZZ.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    didn't watch it. i saw 00, and then posted this, cuz i enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    IMO, nothing wrong with the Gundams in Wing being super indestructible. It's built into the story and the moral plight of the characters who are torn between fighting and peace constantly, which is the overarching theme of the entire series. So you have these 5 misfit young men who are each trying to resolve their role in life and their feelings about the ongoing war. Suddenly they're given these giant, nigh indestructible mechs and you watch each of them waver between righteousness and hubris. It's like a crazy sci-fi "three wishes" story.

08th MS Team is cool, though significantly slower. Seed is okay, though the characters have that new-age melodrama tacked on that a lot of new anime has.

Yeah I guess that would be true if the characters were slightly interesting in anyway and the nature of all the conflicts weren't so confusing.

It also doesn't explain why you would send grunt mechs after them especially when one of them has a gun that kills like 100 people at a time. Seems like a giant waste of resources when if one of the invincible gundams shows up you should just resign to your fate. Gundam wing is style over substance in almost every way imaginable.

Aside from the ephyon (which is borderline), wing zero custom (again borderline) and the talgeese III there is not a suit I've seen from wing that I like.