Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raikov's critique thread

Raikov's critique thread

Hello \o/ Please critique my work?

Some are quite old ;v;'' but this is all the art I can find sitting around in my computer. The one on the lower right is a collaboration with a friend of mine, I did the face.

EDIT: Some people might find it that I might me "showing off my work" But I want critiques on my artstyle and my art in GENERAL, and not just one piece of work, because My stuff are usually quite consistent, and I don't get to finish much.
    Last edited by Raikov; 06-09-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Found another one o/

SPOILER! :

This is pretty old ;_;

It looks really nice! I would like to see a full/finished piece if you've got any

Oh, and someone is going to say this, might as well be me: click on the edit-button on one of your posts if you want to add something, that way you don't have to make a double post

Thank you I'll have to search around my computer for anything else.

Sorry about the double-post. If I make any other post do I add it on or new post?

Edit: New picture o/

Somewhat nsfw(indecent clothing(?))
    SPOILER! :

I cant seem to see either of the pics in your spoilers

and whether you do a new post or edit it kinda depends on the length of time - if you're doing a new post like on the same day or a day later and no one has had a comment yet, edit, if its been like a week or a month or whatever, then just do a new one, doesnt matter if you have then double posted coz a long time passed so

from the first pic though, i really like how you draw hair, nice and flowy

Quote Originally Posted by Raikov View Post
    Thank you I'll have to search around my computer for anything else.

Sorry about the double-post. If I make any other post do I add it on or new post?

Edit: New picture o/

Somewhat nsfw(indecent clothing(?))
    SPOILER! :
    nicely done lines, but I think the legs are too thin, and also too short.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsfade View Post
    I cant seem to see either of the pics in your spoilers

and whether you do a new post or edit it kinda depends on the length of time - if you're doing a new post like on the same day or a day later and no one has had a comment yet, edit, if its been like a week or a month or whatever, then just do a new one, doesnt matter if you have then double posted coz a long time passed so

from the first pic though, i really like how you draw hair, nice and flowy
    Ah, here's the direct link to the newest one link, and thank you very much!~

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    nicely done lines, but I think the legs are too thin, and also too short.
    Thank you o/ I'll try to work more on the legs on my next picture.

Very nice stuff. Your style reminds me of Ippus on deviantart. Not much else to add for now, but it would be helpful if you could post the pictures so they show up here rather than just links. :X Keep up the good work.

Your detailing on faces is very good, but I can't help feeling you're placing the mouth too low in relation to the nose. If you're doing work which is very stylised (like the girl in the top left of the first picture), it's not such an issue, but as most of your faces are realistic, it's making the jaw look stunted.

It's not a big deal, but I'd recommend either leaving a little less space between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip or (in the case of your most recent picture, for example) even just making the mouth a bit narrower.

I don't have anything to say in the way of critiques, but that is one brilliant drawing I love the way you drew the horns and the hair