Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ramiel's art

ramiel's art

PAGE1

this is an image that i'm trying so much to figure out what should be the right posing of the guy sitting and probably there are a lot of things that needs to be improved.. but i can't do much cause i drew this on mouse and i don't have a tablet..

here's some image that i made as well..
    pls tell me what's wrong with them

PAGE 2

in these images better tell me what's wrong before i tone them completely.. it's really hard to edit it if it's toned or colored lol

PAGE3

PAGE4

thank's for the tips!!!! >.<
    Last edited by ram; 06-14-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: got new

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    :O didn't expect to come face to face with a full colour comic page when I clicked this thread haha. The layout is nice and the colouring style is effective.

I think the pose itself for the guy sitting is fine, but his left leg seems to attach in an awkward place like his hip is dislocated or something. Maybe place the leg higher up slightly.

I think the pose was right, i don't see anything wrong for someone hurt like him.BTW, nice coloring

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Wow this is great! I love the coloring style. Have you considered using a Blambot font (like Mighty Zeo) for the lettering? It would definitely take your work to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletlight View Post
    :O didn't expect to come face to face with a full colour comic page when I clicked this thread haha. The layout is nice and the colouring style is effective.

I think the pose itself for the guy sitting is fine, but his left leg seems to attach in an awkward place like his hip is dislocated or something. Maybe place the leg higher up slightly.
    thank's i'll remember to raise it.. >.<

thank's celestial-fox... i've actually edited the font and made it comic scans but i fell like i didn't like comic scans as well so i'll probably try your font.. >.<
    Last edited by ram; 06-14-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Please DO NOT post one after anotehr

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Comic Sans is a big no-no in art and design. Everyone will judge you forever if you use it. XD I think people hate it because it's just overused. But yeah, an actual comic font would do you wonders.

Also, NOT ONLY can you do awesome comic pages, you can do awesome comic pages WITH NICE BACKGROUNDS. :O I mean, holy crap, that library scene is beast.

thanks but i think the library is not really that good.. I've looked into some reference and that library doesn't look like a library at all so i think i'll change it or just put something to make it look like a library..

i can't believe i have to study now about making the right font.. after all i've been through studying how to draw and manga scenes, backgrounds and stuffs... the font is the last thing i had in mind to improve.... and now it's getting back to me because i didn't practice it..

thanks i didn't expect to hear a comment like that from someone younger than me...

although i don't believe what i see in your profile >.<.. specially the Alaska part lol
    Last edited by ram; 06-14-2011 at 08:44 PM.

My suggestion would be to check out http://www.blambot.com/fonts.shtml for fonts. They have a ton of really good ones.

You have some nice looking stuff so far. The pages look well laid out and the backgrounds are pretty good overall. Honestly, don't worry about getting responses. I know that I don't comment much unless I feel there's something I can help improve. At any rate, keep up the good work.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Regarding using fonts, some tips:

1. Don't squish the text so that it hits the dialogue balloon or text box.
    2. Always leave some white space between the text and the balloon or text box. This pops out the text more and also makes it easier for readers to actually read it.
    3. Don't put too much text into a balloon. Put too much and you get the annoying wall of text which most people tend to avoid and glaze over. If you do have a wall of text, break it up into small chunks over several boxes.

I've been meaning to do a text editing tutorial. There's lots of fun stuff you can do with from putting tones in the letters itself, inverting colors and adding outlines, and making it wiggly, curve and and all that. Maybe I'll get to it this summer. Btw, which graphic software are you using to put text into your manga?

thanks.. i can't really say that this is good... if i do i won't be posting it here...

it feels like i have the eye of a pro but can't really put my finger on what's exactly wrong...

but there is something wrong with this drawing.... the feeling i get when i see this is just "ok" and not the feeling of "completely awesome!"

but still... thanks for the font.. i haven't checked all of Rio's online tutorial about writing so i think i might go there to look for font(although i might be wrong and maybe it's not about font) but i think what you recommend is enough for me. thanks

Thanks a lot rio-chan! i can't actually find any tutorials about putting text on the balloon in any types of manga tutorial books...
    I'll be looking forward to your tutorial

although i don't really get what you mean when you say "break it up into small chunks over several boxes" >.<
    Last edited by ram; 06-14-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: please do NOT post one after another