Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 2012

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Haloooo Fouuurrrrr mmmf
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    waitwaitwaitwait... What's this about a new Earthbound?
    If you were looking at that comic thing I posted, it was just making fun of all these silly gizmos that Nintendo apparently thinks we want instead of actual games. There is no new Earthbound as far as I know, sorry, that was sorta part of the joke...

Alrough that said, Super Mario Land, Mario Kart 7, and Zelda OOT 3D are still the top selling games for the 3DS. Which just makes me wonder who exactly is buying those games in the first place... Surely not that many of them can be people who played the classics when they were younger, can they?... Can the general public really be sucked in by hype for something they were supposed to despise as nerdy, like, four-five years ago? x_x

Yeah, is not like kids buy and play games.

How do kids even know what Mario and Zelda are, then? Seeing as it's the parents actually doing the buying, I'd assume it's just brand presence, but it still doesn't explain why adults are suddenly more willing to buy such things for their kids. They didn't (as much) in the nineties, and counting inflation, it isn't really all that much cheaper...

...Did the Wii really crush the "video games are for fat basement nerds" stigma all on it's own?...

For a console with just a handful of decent games that's kinda mind-exploding.
    Last edited by Regantor; 06-08-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Don't know about you, but when I was growing up in the 90s, every kid wanted something with Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon on it, I don't know why. The adults still bought it, too, so I ended up playing Namco Museum with my mom, and a bunch of different Mario games. Shit was tight.
    The I got me a Playstation, things changed.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

How do you explain the current explosion in the public popularity of games, then?

According to bunch of Wiki pages aswell as the economist, video games went from a worldwide profit of $18 billion in the year 2000, to $50 billion by 2008. That's more than doubled. They are also the only companies that seemed to ignore the recession completely. So it ain't just me. >_>

<My comic

You just said yourself, that's nothing new. Everybody I knew in school that even had a PS or computer had played (or at least seen) Doom and Resident Evil. It's the parent's attitude that has changed.

But whatever. Ceased caring.

Actually, I never played any of those until RE4 on GameCube. I grew up playing Pacman, Mario, Starfox, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, MechWarrior, all that jazz. Then I seeked out gaming on my own, lol.
    I think my first taste of the fps world was Armorines on the N64.

edit: Actually no, some time later on before that, it was some Terminator game on the SNES, it was a rail shooter. Then I got into Virtua Cop (1-2) damn those games were fun.

But yea, thing is, there's just a lot more violence on the market now. People love violence. Parents are now just looking at it like 'yknow, whatever'.
    Last edited by GunZet; 06-08-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    <My comic

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    No its not real it was a joke