View Poll Results: What do I need to improve?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sketching

0 0%
  • Inking

1 50.00%
  • Colouring

0 0%
  • Shading

1 50.00%
  • Backgrounds

2 100.00%
  • Anatomy

0 0%
  • Tools/weapons

1 50.00%
  • Cloths

0 0%
  • Poses

1 50.00%
  • Emotions

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Critique Guaco's arts. Now featuring 100 theme challenge entries.

good point... also, a part I could include but think I forgot when I was at it is that she got few friends cause most people find her extremely annoying by always being too positive and not to mention curious on everything. xD

I see what you mean about the flaws and will include those on later entries :P This picture is not meant as a ref sheet, why I did not include everything about the character, but I see now that for a contest entry, I should've included such anyway. Hope it won't affect the entry too much XP

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

Looking through the thread one thing I think you should work on is defining the elbows and knees of your characters maybe it has more to do with muscle defining. For example the girl in the swimsuit her thighs in particular lack the sort of natural curves of the muscles that would be there. I don't want to be redundant that's the only thing I can think to point out right now that wasn't said already. Your style is really cute and you're doing fine so good luck ^_^

yh, muscles bugs me on that style... Especially on females. I must find extremely bad refs. Besides, it's a comic style. In most comic styles, they don't care about muscle shapes as it takes too long to make on panels and is hard to get right :P But when making still pictures, I should definitely work on that. Thanks for the hint

the manga I've read the do spend some time on muscle definition It is just a slight change on curving the legs not too detailed or anything. I think it will make your art look better but feel free to do what you like.

yes it will definitely look better! I agree xD Just think it'll take a while before I manage to do it... But hey, can do everything with some practise

Made a new picture now. For a small contest on deviantart.

SPOILER! :

Feel free to critique it, but note I have already noticed certain things like, not enough depth on the barrels, some colour slipoff and failed alignment on the goblet.

PS. This is not manga. It's done in my own comic style, but with the same kind of shading I used on my saimoe entry.

Haha that is awesome Guaco I don't see anything wrong with the colouring but that is probably because I'm a complete novice at colouring :L the only thing that sticks out to me is the right foot, I would have expected that it to be held up like the left foot rather than sitting on the floor

Good luck with your DA competition
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.

I first thought of not doing this cause it says in the rules to not post all arts only to show'em, since that's what the gallery is for.

But when I come to think of it, every critique is good critique.
    So from now, I'll upload my pictures from the 100 theme challenge here aswell. So you guys can critique it and help me improve

#21 Elf/Fairies

Only one I got so far :P

The only thing that stands out to me is that the wrists are really thin, but that could also be stylistic I would imagine I would also try to make the eye that is further away from the viewer a bit narrower to really give the effect of the face at a 3/4 angle (especially with the fairy on the right) by far one of the most awesome things i've seen you upload can't wait for your next entry

the skinny arms are intended cause of them being fairies :P They're scary thin xD Butterfly like you know.

But yh, eyes is something I need to practise on. Thanks for that hint =D You seem to always be there to critique, comment and fave my arts, threads and statuses here, Demon. Are you a fan? Or just that interested in this site and its members?