View Poll Results: What do I need to improve?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sketching

0 0%
  • Inking

1 50.00%
  • Colouring

0 0%
  • Shading

1 50.00%
  • Backgrounds

2 100.00%
  • Anatomy

0 0%
  • Tools/weapons

1 50.00%
  • Cloths

0 0%
  • Poses

1 50.00%
  • Emotions

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Critique Guaco's arts. Now featuring 100 theme challenge entries.

Hybrid View

Critique Guaco's arts. Now featuring 100 theme challenge entries.

Hei. I got suggested to make this thread for help on getting better at arts, so I give it a go.

I have been drawing since February 2010 but really few of those arts have been Manga.

Since I only got 1 art so far that is Manga art and that I'd like critique on, this thread will be short from the start. But I'll add more arts as I make them.

I also plan on starting my own manga using this style, but is still considering it cause of the amount of work behind it.

One note before you start criticizing my art(s). Be gentle. no "MAN YOU SUCK!" sentences cause they really sting and don't point out my obvious flaws, like some shaky shading or a twisted leg. You can give me bad critiques, of course. But be nice when giving them.

Here's my arts so far:
    Carolyn

I did this in 2 days and it is to now, the art I have spend most time sketching. Went over it 5 times before I was pleased.
    PS. I plan to shade this after I've made the rest of my main characters.

Charlie

Done in about 4 days. Same as on Carolyn, I might shade later when/if adding all my planned oc pictures together.

MT 100 Theme Challenge

#1 Chibi

#21 Elf/Fairies

#26 Angel

More to come.
    Last edited by eltoroguaco; 08-27-2012 at 06:30 PM. Reason: New art

Man, you suck! It sucks, but you will receive crits where the person just laughs at a mistake you've made, and is just a dick. Best you can do is try and look past the insults nad just look at the advice, if the guy gave you any.

Lol, nah, this is some very nice work you've done here. Nice work on the proportions, the face is nice, hair looks great, very nice body work and linework. Nice job on the foreshortening, good work, especially considering the whole 3/4's perspective. I can't wait to see more.

I think you're going to fit in very nicely, bro.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-01-2012 at 02:54 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Rainbow_Dash's Avatar
    Honestly. The entire body is fantastic with great proportions but the face, especially the eyes are lacking a very large tone of emotion. Unless this is what you were going for, I suggest you look up some references and see how they vary from yours. All in all fantastic though.

Hum. Well the proportions are definitely nice, and I like the detailing, but there are one or two problems here and there. It's borderline a stylistic choice, but I do feel like her face would look alot better if it was slightly lower down, larger, or both (Alternatively, maybe the right side of her chin could do with being slightly further up?...) Other than that, the only thing I can point out otherwise is that her hands are really a bit too small.

The leg you mentioned, on the other hand, I think looks fine... There is a good choice of colours going on there, too.

Hope that was helpful, hombre. >_>

it was indeed. Though bigger heads won't happen :P I used to make big heads before and got a little personal hate for it XP But the rest of the critiques I've gotten so far are nice, thanks. I will definitely work this out

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

I really liked the way you designed her! The body is drawn great, but I think you drew her face misplaced in relation to her chin, either her eyes/nose/mouth needs to be lower and to the left or her chin more higher and to the right.
    Actually I've seen this first on the Pimp My Art thread and really considered pimpin it cause I'm diggin her outfit and hair.

Keep on drawing!

Great job. By the way, I pretty sure Regantor meant bigger face, not bigger head. As in, the features should fill up the space of the face.

JJorgie, yh I figured that out after I replied xD My apologies to Regantor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnorkel View Post
    Actually I've seen this first on the Pimp My Art thread and really considered pimpin it cause I'm diggin her outfit and hair.
    You go ahead Just remember to cred/tag me as the owner of the character :P

That is one awesome character and that was only your first go? I'm looking forward to seeing more from you xD also on the line of critique all I noticed has already been mentioned :/

first in a year yes... I have been drawing oekaki before, but it was so poor you could hardly see what it was.