Thread: hint and help for making a Manga.

Threaded View

Question hint and help for making a Manga.

Greetings.

I'm Guaco, no need for introduction. I'm just gonna go straight to the point.
    Since the summer 2011, I've been having an idea on starting a manga. Net based, not paid and self made. I kept the characters, but changed the plot and now I wish to start on it.

However, I have never done this before. I have made several comic stips and some short stories in shape of mangaish style or my own comic style. This I want to be as an actual Manga and I'd like to draw it myself.

So I ask you guys for some hints and help here. I wonder how hard it really is to do this alone?
    I believe I got the skills to draw it and since the characters are own OCs I do not want to share or put into another persons ideas, I will write the story as well (Already got the plot).
    Do you guys think I should go on with this and give it a try?
    Or should I ask for assistance on shading and backgrounds (Cause that's what I'm bad at.)?

IMPORTANT UPDATE
    It have come to my mind that calling my work "Manga" is wrong cause I am Norwegian and not Japanese. So to make it clear for everyone to know, my story will be placed in an own planet in an own universe/dimention/time call it whatever you want. All the stories I have made in pictures, written short stories, comics... etc. takes place there so this is nothing I decided on the minute. It will have nothing to do with Japan or Japanese culture and it will not be a manga. However, it will be a comic story made in the style manga, anime and oekaki is known for, the style in my avatar and it will be black and white. To note, it will also not be from right to left since this is a Japanese bookform, but from left to right since that is the way they do in Norway.

Hope that cleared some things out. Thank you.
    Last edited by eltoroguaco; 06-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART