Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Scariest Videogame Boss

Quote Originally Posted by WhenRabbitsAttack View Post
    how i talk at home is different to how i talk at school. i dumb it down at school unless i'm in an arguement, in which case i'll grind then in to the dust by using complicated terms the don't understand ;D
    It's fun talking to people who cannot understand complex words made up of more than 3 syllables :L

It was a great book and Nabokov's writing is beautiful, but I felt dirty and violated after reading it. This is how you're supposed to feel; it doesn't make it any better. The whole idea is that you get sucked into Humbert Humbert's mind and find yourself experiencing what he experiences for brief periods, normally the most disturbing ones, then tossed out again, feeling like you've been taking part in some sort of carnal act. I don't really enjoy empathising with a paedophile much. At least Patrick Bateman is heartless, rather than weak and selfish.

It probably reflects badly on me that I'd rather be inside the mind of a psychopathic serial killer than the mind of a paedophile. Lolita disturbed me way more than American Psycho.
    Last edited by Delphinus; 06-02-2012 at 08:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Scariest video game boss? I don't remember any that were genuinely horrifying. But Pyramid Head from SH2 was horrifying on a different level. Extremely limited space. Tank controls. Clunky camera. No health bar. No sign of deteriorating health or damage. The dude just keeps swinging at you and walks away once he's fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    It's fun talking to people who cannot understand complex words made up of more than 3 syllables :L
    "high fives demon' IK,R?

but if you know ur surrounded ny people who don't understand the words you use, it's depressing to know that a good conversation is probably not gonna happen any time soon.

@ del: paedophilic experiences nake you react differently to serial killers, because both know what they're doing wrong but the serial killer has certain brain deficencies that make you feel like it's not all their fault. paedophiles don't, so you feel like the violate society more.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenRabbitsAttack View Post
    "high fives demon' IK,R?

but if you know ur surrounded ny people who don't understand the words you use, it's depressing to know that a good conversation is probably not gonna happen any time soon.

@ del: paedophilic experiences nake you react differently to serial killers, because both know what they're doing wrong but the serial killer has certain brain deficencies that make you feel like it's not all their fault. paedophiles don't, so you feel like the violate society more.
    That's not completely true, there are many classy and sophisticated people here.

However a dictionary does help

here, i know there is. at school i know there isn'i T-T.

Haha very true :L

yeah..... most of my friends who are smart enouh to have a conversation about something interesting can't be fucked, frankly :L

Those conversations are nice when you can have them, but here, they're few and far in between. Hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy meaningful dialogue with people more intellectually inclined in Reno.

err.. I can't say it here, BUt it's definitely one of the H-games that I played!