Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle V

I think it was, and so was SMB. I started buying bundles with the Introversion bundle though. I missed the first three.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    The best Bundle imo was Bundle#4 that came with Jamestown, Bit.Trip Runner, SMB, Shank, and NightSky (with additions of Cave Story+ and Gratuitous Space Battles)
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'm still trying to beat Jamestown now.

That said, I think I prefer the current bundle. People on The Escapist were accusing Braid's creator of being a pretentious jerk for saying his game provided intellectual stimulation for adults, but he was right. I'm not a fan of 2D (or 3D) platformers, but it's thought-provoking enough to keep me going. I'm glad they included it.

THAT said, Cave Story+ allowed me to keep going where I'd left off in the translated version, and I still say it's my favorite game (followed by Bastion, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    People on The Escapist were accusing Braid's creator of being a pretentious jerk for saying his game provided intellectual stimulation for adults, but he was right.
    Yeah apparently you can make games that are thought provoking and unique but the minute you admit it you're suddenly some sort of arrogant douche. I guess we're all doomed to be dishonest and humble to protect everyones feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Yeah apparently you can make games that are thought provoking and unique but the minute you admit it you're suddenly some sort of arrogant douche. I guess we're all doomed to be dishonest and humble to protect everyones feelings.
    We're all living in America/Coca-Cola sometimes war
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Apparently he had some other comments to go along with it: "Most games don't provide enough intellectual stimulation for adults." or something like that. So... even though he's right, that makes him a condescending, pretentious jerk?

No, screw that. I'm making a game about a girl trying to find her parents in a hurricane while non-verbally criticizing the horrible treatment of children in a divorce; if Braid is being criticized for being a pretentious art game, that's not good for me.

That and I'm loving Braid so far. I'd love to sit down and have a chat with the devs.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Just buy Indie Game: The Movie.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'm totally getting that. @_@
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI