Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle V

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea. Though Humble Bundle did become aware of people completely ripping off the system early on with people paying stuff like 1 cent and stuff. That's why they made it a certain minimum (usually $1) to get Steam keys with your games.
    They've also promoted paying more than the bare Steam minimum by having unlockable games if you pay more than the usual amount, which depends on what the people that have money to spend are paying, and it goes up every time more people hit that unlockable amount.

But yea, if 90% of the devs being featured really don't give a damn about the people outright stealing their game. I'm almost sure they don't care about the people paying a dollar, and when it's a 'pay what you want' kind of thing, they better expect that to happen.
    Last edited by GunZet; 06-03-2012 at 12:58 PM.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

You can also donate more money after you've purchased and played the games, so I think its a really nice system

I love the humble indie bundles. I usually donate around $10 to each so I don't feel like I'm taking the games for almost free.

$10 is all I could afford, but one of these days I'm gonna pay full price for a bundle. Beats giving my money to Blizzard.

Also, this wallpaper is pretty awesome.
    http://supergiantgames.com/site/wp-c..._1920x1080.jpg
    First time I've changed away from solid blue in a long time.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Super Meat Boy
    Braid
    and
    Lone Survivor

were added as unlockable games if you've beaten the average price. You should get em for free if you already paid over that amount.... I think.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Played Super Meat Boy. Just finished downloading the other two. I've been wanting to play Braid for awhile, so I'll see how it is.

man i would have payed more if super meat boy was in it earlier

I bought Braid full price before I bought the bundle. >__<
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Same here with Bastion. That said, "full price" is actually reasonable for these games. Bastion was $15, and it felt like I was getting at least $100 worth of entertainment and thought out of it.

Super Meat Boy was designed to be challenging without being frustrating, but me not being a huge fan of precision platforming, I got frustrated after the third world. That said, I absolutely love how they can make every level work well with completely different characters. Super Meat Boy is super well-done.

Wasn't Braid from an earlier bundle? I'm sure that's how I got it.