Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Humble Indie Bundle V

I'm not too far into it yet, but it's reminding me of the old King's Quest games so far due to the animations and graphics. It's kinda cool when a new game can make me feel nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    The dudes that pay a buck or anything under that usually come under so much fire it's crazy, like, paying low is worse than pirating and paying nothing to these people.
    Both are pretty massive douche moves. You're not compensating people who need the money for their product, and if you pay that little for the Humble Bundle you're hardly giving anything to charity either. I'm only really cool with pirating if it's from a big company that won't be affected by it. I mean, I think stealing is the same. Steal something from Wal-Mart, so fucking what. Steal something from a corner shop and you're an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Sadly enough, there's a lot of people out there pirating Indie games. Which was why Notch just didn't give a shit when people started snagging Minecraft.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Paying a dollar for the Indie Bundle isn't all that bad, because at least the developers/charity are still getting paid. One or two cents is bad: Wolfire actually has to pay more for the bandwidth than you do for the games in that case.

So I wasn't like scum of the earth dirtbag evil, just slightly evil? Good to know.

Paypal takes like 32 cents dont they

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Don't know if they take that much. Probably, I forgot since the last bundle I bought.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'm not sure how much Paypal takes. I just know I wouldn't let myself pay a cent for good games.

They need a hundred cents!

I think when the developers of the games make their games available through a program like this they are aware that some people are going to pay very little and most of the people not paying a lot are generally doing so because money is tight. The games still get a lot of publicity out of taking part and sell a lot more copies than they might otherwise have, even if the profits are not massive. So I don't think its fair to say that people paying a small amount are evil. They are acting within the expected bounds of the humble bundle project, and the developers themselves might not even mind that much.