Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: manga animation software ???

manga animation software ???

hello
    does anyone here know of any good manga animation softwares... im not talking about small animations like animated comics but like what they would use to make somthing like death note or bleach.

My guess would be that they use software that is suitable for any type of animation. If you're completely new to animating I would recommend you to pick up the trial of Adobe Flash, since there are a lot of help available for it. You should also keep in mind that the animes you mentioned are created by large teams, and that they are very likely to use a wide range of different software

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_W_O_L__ View Post
    hello
    does anyone here know of any good manga animation softwares... im not talking about small animations like animated comics but like what they would use to make somthing like death note or bleach.
    I'm gonna be honest with you. There's no -program- out there that can just do what you're asking, and no specified program really. You have stuff like Flash and Anime Studio, but your examples are like Rubisko said, made by large teams, each working on different stuff, and over HUGE amounts of time.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

It's not really about the software you use but more about your skill level as an artist, a good artist would never blame the tools they use you can make animations in photoshop or flash, you just need to learn how

Use flash if you have any questions ask me or jaidurn

anyways the program set you were looking for is http://www.celsys.co.jp/en/products/retas/index.html.
    some animation studios use their own built programs though however. This should be more calibrated to the anime products than the ones named above.

here is a video for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeprFkEkXEg
    Last edited by apples13; 03-29-2012 at 09:05 AM.

yea i know there was huge teams of people that were involved in big name manga animations. im just looking for user friendly software.

It's not really about the software you use but more about your skill level as an artist, a good artist would never blame the tools they use you can make animations in photoshop or flash, you just need to learn how
    this is very true but there is also software thats not to easy to use such as Synfig Studio. ( not saying its bad software. its just not user friendly. )

Use flash if you have any questions ask me or jaidurn
    yea ill have to give it a try. I've seen some very impressive animations come from flash and seems reasonably priced.

anyways the program set you were looking for is http://www.celsys.co.jp/en/products/retas/index.html.
    this looks like exactly what ive been looking for. and i see they have a demo i can try my only concern is that they didnt say a price for the software bundle which can get scary sometimes.
    but im going to go ahead and see if i like these two
    btw i know that there is no magical software that you can buy that makes you animations. but ive decided that i would like to try making animations and im just looking for the right tools to do so.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I think seeking out Jaidurn, Nextweek, Sylux, or Sho for a few tippers on animation would be beneficial if they're willing. They're the animators around here, so they'll know wassup with the right tools. I've made some tutorials for Easytoon, but nothing since then.

Now as for programs, and prices.

Adobe Flash CS5.5 (Fukin' Expensive)
    Trial Here

EasyToon (Free)
    Download Here

Anime Studio (Pro- $199.99 Debut- 49.99)
    Trial Here

Plastic Animation Paper (Free)
    Download Here

Here's a link to an old thread linking to various animation softwares.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

CS6 is coming out soon!

wow 2 more free ones ive never heard of i always try out the free ones first.
    im gunna give these 2 a try then im gunna look at a few flash tuts so i can know some what how to work the tools in it to make the most of the 30 day trial

thanks for all your guy's help with finding some of the animation software out there