Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Shnorkel's Stuff - Ace

I agree with scarlethue, the thickish lineart doesn't seem to work well with the soft coloring. Either cell shade instead, or just use thinner lineart that breaks up in some parts. Another thing is that the nose and it's shading looks quite awkward. I suggest you look at how a nose looks at that angle first, then I guess manipulating it to fit your style better.

The BIGGEST problem is the angle of the head. I see you're trying to make it so she's facing up, but her facial proportions, her neck, and her chin does not match that angle. Take a look at these refs. I included a manga ref because it's not really easy to emulate realistic proportions in a distorted style. But if you notice, this artist still uses realistic proportions in the angle. Please don't just copy the lines of the drawing, as well. Look at the photo and understand how dimensions work and how there is a skull under that face. Seriously.

SPOILER! :

hokay :3 Here's Skoll! I tried to get abit semi-realistic here

AMG NEW RAZ ART *fanboys out*

Anyway... looks great! I love her eyes I think her lips look quite harsh on her face but then again she could just be pale or be wearing lipstick, other than that nothing :3 I also love the way you designed her hair to represent a sun, fitting

Very nice! I like it! The ear and the eye closest to us should be higher. Other than that, good job!

Yo thanks guise :3
    just a WIP, gonna srsly color this and stuff

First time drawing any type of animal really. Crits?

this is really cute and you captured the mood well. the only things i can see is the girl's hands are very small, and the wolf/dog's leg seems to just curve, rather than bend at a joint. apart from that great, especially if you havent drawn many animals before!

It looks amazing, the only thing I notice is that the wolfs leg appears a little awkward to me, and just how high the body is and how low the head is looking slightly odd I think. I'm in the mood to draw some wolves and rabid dogs now

I agree with demonfyre on the angle the wolf is coming in from. It kinda feels like the girl is hugging the wolf and the wolf just goes */ignore*
    If that's part of the narrative I guess it's ok, but I think you should change it if not. All in all it looks like it's gonna be a cute picture though =)

Talking

OH HELLO :כ
    Welp, it's been a while and studying takes all of my free time.
    Until I decided to watch some Justice League, and then this happened.

SPOILER! :

And I'm also dumping some abstract things for you to enjoy:
    SPOILER! :

Raz, dflkjandfljadjfngkjlDSGJ. Hi. c:

The abstract pieces are cool o: I like the profile skull on the first one c:

I think, since you are going with a style that is moving closer to realistic than super cartoony that you could do with indicating more detail through shading instead of line; especially with the nose since it's only a few lines compared to the more developed features. I would also argue the lips, but I guess all of this is optional anyway lel
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 05-14-2013 at 10:42 AM.