Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shnorkel's Stuff - Ace

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Your leg anatomy is pretty nice. A little jel' actually. But her hand seems awkward because of how her thumb must be bent to hide it from view like that. Get in this pose and put your hand like that, you'll see it's unnatural.

@Demonfyre- Thanks
    @Gaff- aah you're right about that, thanks
    @Rabbits- Yeah I was thinking about either making it longer or adding a scarf/something that would add to the feeling of her movement.
    @Shadows- Well actually she's supposed to be running away from the camera at a 3/4 angle, and only turning to the right with her torso. It seems that the entire right leg was drawn wrong since it isn't at the proper 3/4 angle. You also said that the left knee and top of the thigh aren't suggesting that she's running at a 3/4 angle- How should I draw them then? Frankly I have no idea what's wrong.
    @Scarlet- hmmm you might be right. Thanks

I'll redraw the right leg when I get the chance. Thanks a bunch guys!
    Last edited by Shnorkel; 06-10-2012 at 10:20 AM.

Ok guys how's this?
    SPOILER! :

Is the right leg any better? or does it still look like she's running sideways?
    Last edited by Shnorkel; 06-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.

The image isn't showing up for me, unsure why not. Could you maybe put up a link so I can look at it please Also I will edit this post to let you know what I think of your drawing to save spamming your thread.

Nevermind, 5th time lucky xD the clothing your adding is looking good, the lengthened dress also looks much better it also looks like you fixed that leg, maybe wait for other critiques though because im not the most reliable source when it comes to the legs and placements :L looking good, can't wait to see it once you've completed it are you gonna make up a bio and stuff for her?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-10-2012 at 06:34 PM.

wow that's great! Love her pose.

Allthough, her head is a little small. On manga anatomy, the heads are usually a bit bigger than on regular human anatomy ;P
    But who am I to be picky XP

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

It's looking nice, but there's still a few little things here and there:

The head is still a fraction too small for the rest of her body and it makes her breast seem low by comparison. I'd also bring her waist up a little more, widening the thigh, and probably widen her shoulder a little more for good measure.

Other than that, I think it's pretty much there.

I think what you've edited has pretty much solved the problem i was thinking - maybe add a few more fold lines in the dress around the waist, to show that her top part is twisted towards us slightly?
    that should help our eyes to realise that she's twisted, rather than her top half facing a slightly different way to the bottom.

looking good!

@Demonfyre- haha thanks And yes, I'll probably make a Bio of some sort and perhaps a full character sheet, though this is just random character brainstorming for me. Both her and Laelaps (The next character I'm planning on making) are set in a futuristic world, not far-future but something more like 2050 AD in an alternate world, something of that sort.
    @Guaco- You're right, I made her head abit bigger, it looks better. Thanks
    @Gaff- Thanks alot for the redline! I sort of disagree with widening the shoulder and waist since IMO it looks better, but the shape of the shoulder/arm you drew look better. I positioned her breast abit higher and made the head bigger, thanks again!
    @Shadows- Yeah it does help the viewer understand her torso is twisted! I ended up doing awkward poses infront of the mirror just to get the idea of how it should look haha. Thanks !

http://i47.tinypic.com/21105ra.png
    I'm still trying out stuff with the color scheme, I quite like the green-yellow-purple though, the green and yellow/blond compliment eachother while the purple gives contrast to both.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Shnorkel; 06-12-2012 at 05:20 AM.

(All are suggestions)

See the buckles on the boots, you could maybe recolour them to like a gold or purple? And maybe the parts at the end of the boots, I have seen some boots which use different materials for the ends but its up to you also you could possibly add a green design on the purple dress that could work as well possibly, nothing to intricate mind you the colour scheme is looking very good so far
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.

the colour scheme looks good, but the green is being overwhelmed by the other colours in the sketch becaues it isn't represented much. maybe make the buckles/straps on the boot=the sole green?

also,where's her other arm? even at this angle shouldn't it be slightly visible? sorry i only just picked up on this