Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shnorkel's Stuff - Ace

Humm... The only thing I can really complain about is that her face seems a little small compared to the rest of her head, to me.

But the photoshoping is really damn nice, that said. Good work, honourable human. :3

@Demonfyre: Thanks About 6 hours I think, though that's a really rough assession cause I just worked on it all day with several breaks.
    @JJJorgie: Thank you :3
    @Shadowsfade: I used Sai for both drawing and coloring/shading
    @Regantor: huh you're right I haven't noticed that! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shnorkel View Post
    I kind of abused the fact that I made a vector linework, the original pic is something around 2500x3500 pixels
    I don't know about SAI, but in photoshop most brushes don't do very good at such low resolution, so as long as your computer can handle it I think you should res up. (but the blending is really really good, so it seems you get everything to work anyway)

I don't know if it's a stylistic thing, but the shoulders are a bit square-ish

Looking at the coloured version compared to the lineart, I think you might be able to get around her face looking small by adjusting the contrast on her hair. As it is at the moment, the colours are quite similar, making it difficult to see the outline of her head against the hair that's sticking out behind. If you lighten up the front though, it should look more as if her ponytail (for want of a better name for it) is further away, separating it from her head and bringing it into proportion.

Other than that though, the colours are lovely.

it turned out pretty nice! good job, id'e say watch out for the size and positioning of her hand, it's kinda on the small side and not in a very natural pose, but it's still awesome :3

Well on this one I didn't work as much as Fuu but it was really fun doing the cell shading

101 Dalmations Member canime4ever's Avatar
    Aw~ She so cute! Saimoe Contest entry? It's really good! I think the only thing that seems a tad bit off is that the swimsuit bottom looks a little too high, that might be just me though! That's a really cute pose~ Love her hair too! If it is a Saimoe entry, then good luck!! :3

haha thank you Yes it is for the Saimoe Contest, I was just brainstorming with wierd hairstyles and just got carried away with this specific one.
    Yeah you're right about the swimsuit, I haven't noticed it, thanks !

So cute! i love the hair and facial expression!!! Great coloring job!

Sugoi~! Seems like the only word appropriate. Loving the bold colors and the cleanliness of the lines.

If I had to give you a piece of critique, through, it would be that her head does seem rather large. Might be a stylistic thing, but people do generally use a torso size that is twice that of the head (or a wee bit more) when using non-chibi type stuff.

Hope that helps for future reference.