Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Shnorkel's Stuff - Ace

Amazing as always :P the hair style is brilliant by the way xD how do you put those reflection bands into your drawing? When ever I try it with SAi I just get blurs and it looks terrible :/

Also think it's worth my time trying to enter into that swimsuit thing?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-01-2012 at 08:45 PM.

All I do is make a new layer and use a white marker with some 80%-100% density, it's that simple.
    And yes, definitely! It's great practice and you'll get to try something new- drawing cute stuff.

Random GB thing, first time I actually got this camera angle right!

this is cute! the perspective is great. it looks a bit odd though that her eyes and mouth are clearly outlined and the rest of her body has a sort of soft water colour-y feel.

Yeah you should either outline it or decrease the intensity (for lack of a better word) on the mouth at least, maybe not so much the eyes but that is just stylistic thing xD

It looks brilliant from the angle you chose and is incredibly cute i'm really looking forward to your next addition

Yeah you guys are right, it does look awkward.
    Anywho, I have TONS of character ideas, so here's Vix!

Cool pose is from PoseManiacs, I figured I could use some practice with dynamic poses.

She is based on the Teumessian Fox (also known as the Cadmean Vixen), a fox that was destined to never be caught. I will also draw a character based on it's opposite counterpart, Laelaps, the dog that is destined to always catch it's pray. Both are from the same Greek mythology tale which I really loved

I'm experimenting with her outfit/hairstyle in the meantime, before I do the lineart and color, any suggestions would be awesome.
    Opinions? Critiques?

Awesome...

I don't see anything outstanding just awesomeness however there appears to be a lack of trousers/skirt/etc, I look forward to seeing it coloured

It's a nice design, but her right leg is too short compared to the left and her head is too small compared to her body.

this is cool! her feet appear to be too small and thin for her body+ what gaff said. also, her dress looks cool, but maker it longer could increase the dynamisim of the drawing.

I think the foot that's on the ground seems too angled towards us - the position of the legs suggest the foot should be slightly more sideways on, so you see less of the sole, atm it kinda looks like the ankle is pointed awkwardly compared to the rest of the leg (judging from the position of the knee and top of the thigh). I like her hair though!