Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games are too easy?

Portal 2 has some tricky puzzles I guess but I'm just really unintelligent and have bad problem solving skills so it confuses me sometimes. Never looked up a guide, though, since I do LP's and don't want to cheat right in front of the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Dark Souls is not all that hard. Anything that allows you to build a character to perfectly handle situations is not super difficult.
    I've been calling this dark souls dissonance. People who have beaten dark souls seem to remember that it wasn't that hard but yes it definitely was.

I think hard games have a potential in creating immersion from the player in to the game. The actual challenge can force people get more aware of what is going on, learn all the movement patterns from an enemy, learn all puzzles and be afraid to die. Not saying all games should be hard, but there is something we can learn from hard games.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I've been calling this dark souls dissonance. People who have beaten dark souls seem to remember that it wasn't that hard but yes it definitely was.
    In retrospective, you realized you were a shitty player and the game wasn't hard, it was that you were just shitty at it. I believe this is where the dark souls dissonance comes from.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Man did you even read my posts in the DS thread. I never really found it that hard. It was just a little bit grindy. And for people who did find it hard, it's an RPG. You can grind. Grinding is like the anti-difficulty.

Well, actually, I did have trouble in the grave of giants because I kept getting knocked off ledges. But that's one area.

And yeah I'm with Clock on this one. After you beat DS it's like *looks up ideal character builds* "Wow, I could have had a much better character".

Grinding is there as a crutch for ez moders. The game literally lets you never level up.

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Man did you even read my posts in the DS thread. I never really found it that hard. It was just a little bit grindy. And for people who did find it hard, it's an RPG. You can grind. Grinding is like the anti-difficulty.

Well, actually, I did have trouble in the grave of giants because I kept getting knocked off ledges. But that's one area.
    OP on the run?

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Grinding is there as a crutch for ez moders. The game literally lets you never level up.
    TBH all most people ever talk about is going to the forest and grinding spirits.

You are telling me that at least 51% of people you have talked to about dark souls only talked about that one very specific exploit.

To help improve my argments http://www.computerandvideogames.com...ames-too-easy/ <~~ This!

What a bad article