Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games are too easy?

Hybrid View

Games are too easy?

Helo everyone, looks like I received a Phoenix down and came back after a while.

And I'm here to open a discussion with you all, are video games too easy nowdays? I ask this because it's obvious that you don't have to struggle too hard to beat a game (as it seems). Just compare Resident Evil (one) with Resident Evil 4 (I'm comparing because I've played both). RE4 have such a ridiculous puzzles compared with the first that make me think that game industries is make it easier or else the game wont sell.

And what do you think? (Sorry for my foreign grammar lol)
    Last edited by Tanatos; 05-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Yes every game in the entire world is too easy

Oldschool games were hardcore.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I wouldn't consider RE1 hard so much as it was badly designed. Tank controls could make anything much more difficult than it had to be.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    There's a fine line between making a game difficult on a fun level, and difficult on a completely annoying level. Indie games have been doing the latter for a while now. Games like Super Meat Boy, Bit.Trip Runner, etc all get so crazy hard that it just makes you wanna stop after the first 100 deaths.
    And a lot of these times it's the mechanics that make a game so hard these days. SMB has these slippery, precise, platforming controls. You die on contact with anything relatively lethal.
    Bit.Trip Runner is easy in a sense, but if you stop for any reason, you're tossed back to the beginning of a level that can take about 4mins to finish, just because you missed a step. So you end up torturing yourself rather than having fun.

Now if you wanna talk about games that aren't indie, that are super insane crazy hard, I've heard Dark Souls is ass-raping tough. The closest thing I've played to that would be The Witcher 2, which will make you want to kill yourself at any difficulty above normal because the controls feel so delayed, and some enemies can move twice as fast as you.

So no, I don't think games these days are too easy. Usually well... it's probably because you're playing on 'easy mode'. Every game handles difficulty in it's own way, some purposely make it easy, some make it a nightmare... literally, and some like to hit that mark between fun and profitable, because in the end, you're playing a game for fun, right?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Now if you wanna talk about games that aren't indie, that are super insane crazy hard, I've heard Dark Souls is ass-raping tough. The closest thing I've played to that would be The Witcher 2, which will make you want to kill yourself at any difficulty above normal because the controls feel so delayed, and some enemies can move twice as fast as you.
    If you consider The Witcher 2 that hard, you really need to try Dark Souls, it's fucking glorious.

Yeah re1 was hard cuz it controlled like a sack of ass. Arcade games were hard so you would spend lots of money on them. Early console games were hard so you would buy them instead of renting them.

We are fortunate enough currently to have games that accommodate any difficulty you want.

Did you even play witcher 2

Ya, it was cool, I want to buy it now.

But dragon's dogma is in the way.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Dark Souls is not all that hard. Anything that allows you to build a character to perfectly handle situations is not super difficult.

And yeah, I talked about that issue with Indie games. Some indie devs are making games for the sake of being difficult. Like literally the premise of games like Super Meat Boy and N is: "here, try to get through [x] number of levels!" And much of it is just repeating things and trial and error. I think I had this discussion with Jubeh about how you don't really ever "master" those types of games...you just luck your way through each level.