Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas (Manga I'm thinking about writing!)

Lightbulb Lucas (Manga I'm thinking about writing!)

Reeeeally hope someone's gonna like this... This is a little project I'm undertaking, it's a very short (but hopefully enjoyable) Manga.

This is Lucas. He's part of a tribe living in a rainforest. There are plenty of jobs to be done in the tribe, such as hunting, cooking, making clothes and food.
    Lucas is a warrior's apprentice.

Lucas' parents want him to become a real warrior when he is old enough, but Lucas' heart isn't in it. He wants to become an artist, creating masterpieces with the juice of the berries that grow in the forest. He doesn't agree that fighting is the answer to the world's problems.

I'm writing a manga about the journey he takes to get away from the world of war and follow his dreams.

Soooo what does everyone think?

sounds like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
    "I don't want to make toys, I want to be a dentist!"

I was thinking you were going to attempt to mangafy the movie Lucas, but anyways, that sounds interesting.

Oh, there's a movie?

Sounds like quite an interesting idea you could include lots about the morals of war and peace etc

Well, it's different from yours, obviously, you should check it out sometime, it's a nice movie.

Awesome, good to see positive reaction.Awesome, good to see a positive reaction! I'm at the stage of drawing out all the character's expressions and stuff for practice and planning out the storyline. I've never done this before so if there's a way to go about it, could someone run it by me?

Sorry I don't have much experience but I would imagine you would just make a story board or something then draw it out when you got it all planned?

I find it helps to make a script first, then create super fast and simple mini-versions of the pages to work out how stuff is going to look. Neither has to have that much effort to put in, since nobody else will see them; They are just there so that you remember the idea as it was originally formed in your head, and catch out any rubbish bits before you actually spend the effort making it all look nice. Sometimes I just do one of the two.

The idea... Seems legit. Like a sort of anti-version of the Zelda: Ocarina of Time maybe.

Red face id like to help

i would like to help you with the script and the character development. im working on a script myself. but i would be more than glad to help you if you want.

and just as a idea : how about using his artistic skills in war / fight scenes. like he disagrees with his parents that such skills are not useless at all.
    eg - he can inflict pain through his drawings or seal some one in his portraits and stuff. If you want to develop the story like this, would add a interesting factor, and you can still maintain the fact that he despises war and fights