Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

@VF - Oh yeah I see what you mean about the arm :L and sure have some hair skills xD thanks for posting

@JJ - Thanks as for the second picture it was actually there as a reference to my older works but thanks for checking it over anyway I've also had a go at fixing the small problems with the head sketches which can be found lower in this post, thanks for your feedback!

---

Moar Female Body and Posing Practice #3

SPOILER! :

I still feel like I'm doing something wrong... Even when referencing

Tomorrow shall be the day I attempt dynamic poses! I won't procrastinate... Further... Yeah... or give up if it goes horribly wrong... Yeah... >.>

Head Sketch Fixes + WIP

The kombucha mushroom people, sitting around all day.

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    Very lovely anatomy :I
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post

More Stuff

Libra Progress Meme Thing

Sorry some of the shading didn't show up well particularly on the legs and the crotch >.>

SPOILER! :

Old Version (NOT FOR CRITIQUE AS IT WAS MADE MONTHS AGO WHEN I WAS EVEN WORSE THAN I AM NOW :P):

Improvement?

Moar Head Sketches

Now that my OC sketch is done I may try some more interesting foreshortened poses tomorrow... If I'm brave enough :L
    PoA's Notes: Well, first of all great job! You are a really great artist. What I found to be off on Libra: The shading on the torso, it kind of makes it look like she's wearing some sort of undershirt, it may just be because of the lighting, I thought I'd just point that out. Ereaser Marks: This is not as important, but again, I thought I should point it out. Particularly on the shoulder pads, you can see the shoulder line. And her right (our left) arm can also be seen under the padding thing (I don't know what to call it). Other than that, spectacular! What I found to be off on the heads: First Head (top left): The hair going in the back of her body just seems awkward, its longer than the ones in the front, I know, that's normally how it goes, but to me it just seems weird with that kind of hair style. :3 Second Head (top right): The main line of her hair crosses through that huge one that goes up high. And if I'm not looking at it wrong, shouldn;t there be some shading under that giant hair piece? Other than that, great job.

That's all the time I have for this post. Tune in next post for some more critiqueing!
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

@VF - Thanks again I'm starting to get used to the 7 head proportions now

@PoA - First thing, you sir have an awesome name xD secondly thanks for taking the time to post :3

Oh yeah I do see how the shading does make it look like there is a shirt or something there I'll see if I can fix that up, but I'm not sure how I will fix it :L as for the eraser marks normally I would have the luxury of a scanner and I would erase them using a photo editor but since my laptop is broken I've been forced to improvise :/ and on a side note the pad thing as you describe it is called a Brassard, a random fact for you there :P

Finally the head sketches, thanks for pointing that about the shading, I forgot completely to shade them :L I'll make sure to get round to that tomorrow before I work on female poses again and there's not much I can do about the hair styles, I referenced them from Manga's and that's what the hairstyles were like :/ thanks again for taking the time to post
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-09-2012 at 07:20 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Thanks, I like my name too and pleasure to be of assistance. ^.^
    Last edited by Prince of Angels; 08-10-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

One thing that I'm noticing on your latest pieces is the super long necks you're giving them - especially in the second and third head drawings. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but thought I'd point it out. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    One thing that I'm noticing on your latest pieces is the super long necks you're giving them - especially in the second and third head drawings. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but thought I'd point it out. Keep up the good work!
    So they are :O I've never realised until now, thanks for pointing that out to me!

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    You've really been improving lately, I love the shading on those anatomy practises, too!
    The 'Libra Progress Meme Thing' looks very nice.
    The necks on those last heads are too long, as nisaren said, but the faces are getting better!

I don't think I have anything else to add to what the others above said, so just keep it up

@Shin - Thanks and i'll make sure to not make the necks too long

---

Decided to pick up the 100TC again, i'll start by making redraws of my old terrible previous entries :L spoilered because they are large pictures.

100TC: Catgirl

Referenced.

SPOILER! :

100TC: Embarrassment

SPOILER! :

What have I done to you I should be shot
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-14-2012 at 06:51 PM.

I kind of feel like you're drawing the upper torso too large for the body. I did a bit of photoshop manipulation on it to show you what I mean.

SPOILER! :

Not sure if you can tell from that alone as it's really just some quick tweaking. I didn't bother to make it look perfect so you could see the areas that I worked on, but surprisingly some of the lines still matched up pretty nicely.
    Last edited by nisaren; 08-14-2012 at 07:36 PM.