Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Shindoutou View Post
    The foot facing us (his right foot) should widen towards the bottom (foreshortening).
    His left arm is a little off..
    The folds on his pants (near the waist) make no sense, probably because there are so many short lines.

Other than that: HOLY CARP you improved so much lately!
    You've got the anatomy down, and the design is cool! Nice job~
    Oops :L i'll make sure to fix those mistakes and yeah I tried to make the folding on the trousers like jeans and screwed up and kinda just left them like that :L and thanks! I'm glad you like the design

---

OC - Ryan (Genome) - Finished

NOTE: Forgot to add in a design for the shoes, i'll make sure to add them in when i'm fixing up any mistakes

I know there is something wrong with trouser cloth folds but im not really sure what it is other than a gut feeling :/ anything outstanding to fix before I get it preped for lineartng
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-28-2012 at 07:05 PM.

posted before i saw the bottom picture. good job keep at it

Looking good! The ear needs to be higher though. Ears are always eye height unless you're looking from above or below eye level.

@Apples - Thanks and I shall

@JJ - Ah ok, ill make sure to move the ear up more

Everything perfect.
    I agree with the ears as said.
    Just a modification add some folds or something like that to his left pocket because it seems rest part of the hand is not there inside his pocket
    Awesome work keep it up .

what i meant in my last statement was that being an android he could have humanoid proportions and stuff but could still be obviously robotic like the robots from I, robot.

they're obviously designed to look humanoid but are just as obviously not real people.
    conversly you could do this:

if you covered over this android's joints with a flesh analouge, you almost wouldn't be able to tell that she was a robot.
    but there must be a reason her creators don't want her to look like a robot
    is it for camouflage?(blending in to human society) a pursuit of physical perfection? (pure, unbrideled vanity) or some other reason?
    this is what i was referring to.

you should decide what sort of android jorm will look like. will he be a humanoid robot, but still obviously a robot?
    or will he appear almost like a real person?

EDIT: ryan looks good and you rendered the jeans very well! his head should be a bit longer, not so circular.
    Last edited by WhenRabbitsAttack; 06-29-2012 at 04:07 AM.

If you put a characters hand in a pocket, make sure to add some folds or indication to show off the shape of the hand. Else it will just give the impression that the whole arm is 2d

@Trilokcool3 - Ah thanks and I'll make sure to put some folds there

@ Mereana - Ah now I see what you mean and yeah I think that was the idea that he is a complete robot based on a humanoid figure and once apon a time had full coat of synthetic flesh but maybe after the years it's become damaged hence why there is circuitry showing an his legs have actually been replaced with metal plating for protection. Also I think this is ok because the story is set in the future and I think Raz mentioned something about different bionic attachments an stuff so it would be a regular sight to see such attachments :L

@ Rubisko - Thanks for posting I'll make sure to add some folds in now

Eternal

Anything wrong which I should correct before I get it ready for the Genome Banner I think i've made the waist and shoulder widths too thick but im not sure :/

Ryan Fix

Still need to add the shoes in :L
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-29-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Heyo just stopping by and gotta say this is looking pretty good I tried to skim through the other comments so I wouldn't repeat anything anyone else said, but if I do haha sorry.

The main thing that I'm noticing about the guy right now is his head. He has quite a long forehead. Usually, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, the eyes fall more or less halfway down the head. Here the eyes are a bit low, or his forehead is a bit high. If you wanted to fix it you could probably just make the bangs a bit longer, especially on our left side to cover up some of the forehead. Then his hair would just look like it had awesome volume It isn't a huge deal, but thats my opinion. Also his chin feels slightly off center to me... And the ear thing - you can use your face to check most of these proportions, but the top of the ear right around the top of the eye or the bottom of the eyebrow. Also its a bit close to the actual face, like his ear could probably be farther back on his head.

Anyway keep up the good work man and let me know if any of that didn't make sense