Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Possible OC?

Finally a drawing i'm proud of :L anyway the leg is supposed to be slightly lifted and turned in towards the other leg but im not convinced I did that very well :/ if it gets pointed out i'll just redraw it straight then lineart

Is the skirt ok?

Anatomy Practice

'Nakedness if so wrong.' ~Asura

Drew a male yesterday, so female practice today

SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-21-2012 at 06:28 PM.

I'm just going to talk about the first picture for now.

I love the shirt! The hair's really cute, too!
    The upper arms are a little short (making the forearms look really long). Her mouth is really angled, so it makes look like she's pinching her lips. It always seems like you don't really know how to place the arms, so they kind of end up in odd positions, but that's your choice in placement. Another stylistic thing, you always draw the same skirt on every female character. I suggest branching out and trying drawing different bottoms.

Thanks for The feedback I'm sure the arms were the same length, maybe the clothing makes it look short? I'll fix the arms up nonetheless I'll make the face less angular. Yeah I need too work on other clothing, this drawing was just a means to an end because it was part of a design I liked but I messed it up so it's more of a redraw so yeah I'll need to look into other clothing.

The arms are the same length. What I meant was the upper arms of each look a little short (Hope that clears it up ) I forgot to mention this, but you might want to make the hands a little bigger. Hands are usually as big as the face.

Oh they are? That's usefully, finally have a unit of measurement for hands and ok, I've made the changes an will scan it in later along with my new project which you will be happy to know doesn't have a skirt xD I'm going to start concentrating on males again as soon as my driving theory is out of the way in a couple of days

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Allow me to address the female anatomy then.

The first thing I notice is the calf portion of the leg is much shorter than their quads on all of the female sketches. Both parts of the leg should be roughly the same size.

There's also an issue with their torso's appearing stretched. I think this is because your drawing the abdomen a little too long.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

@ScarletHue - Thanks for posting and yeah I see what you mean, i've tried some new attempts and I think i've fixed some of the problems

The Demon Scythe

Possible character for the collab with Mereana and Shnorkel, her left leg is supposed to be held back.

Harley

Character from an old project which I may pick up again, fixed up the problems I think :

More Anatomy

SPOILER! :

101 Dalmations Member Midori-Midori's Avatar
    Hey C:, you're revisions on the female anatomy look better.
    For the Demon Scythe picture, it seems as if the girl's right leg is bending in a little awkwardly. I'm not sure if that leg is supposed to be bent or not. Really like how you drew the feet and it looks great overall.

@Midori-Midori - Thanks a lot for posting and yeah I used a reference and the leg does bend in like that, i'm not very good hence why it looks weird, i'll try to fix it nonetheless though

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    You have indeed fixed the issues from last time. Great job!

This time though with the female anatomy piece, I suggest you take a look at the neck. It's a little thick - especially for a female- and also a little too long.

You don't seem to have that problem on your characters though which I suppose is where it counts. Looking at them though; I think a little detail in some areas of the designs could make them feel more 'complete'. For example detailing the boots of the 1st girl.

As for the Harley character, I suggest you be careful with her. It's your character and your perfectly entitled to decide how she looks/what she wears, but in my opinion there's nothing that sets her apart from the stereotypical anime girl.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo