Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

I have to say, people like you who have this determination make me grin its only a matter of time before you get to the "professional" level. please never stop!

It seems like you are more used to drawing girls than guys (if you already said that, ignore this). I was the same way! Girls actually have more curves and variable lines than men do, so you already got the difficult part done!
    But for the male attempt #3, his head is out of proportion with the size of his body. But that is easy to fix. Also, his crotch could be lowered (either that, or its an illusion, and the abdomen itself needs to be longer).

you seem like you would take redlines really well and adapt really fast. do you mind if I do some of yours? please feel free to say no

@JJ - Ah I see what you mean about the flat ears, the reference I used had the whole ear black and I never noticed the inner details :/ I'll add them in soon

I'll fix the male up as well and clothe him I think it's because I keep seeing it on anatomy references that I put those bulges at the waist, I'll make sure to stop that from now on

@Sutari - Thanks for those encouraging words and yeah go ahead I'd be more than happy for you to redline some of my sketches I'll try to fix up those areas you notified me of as well thanks for offering your time to point out my mistakes ^_^

Yeah, it's quite an irony to be honest, I struggled with females so I drew them so much I forget about males and become rubbish at them :L oh and sorry for the late reply, got carried away watching Soul Eater :L
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-18-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Cat Girl Fix

Added a tail which I forgot :/ and detailed the ears a bit more

100 TC: Embarrassment

Spent most of today trying to get the skirt to look correct and in the end admiting that its beyond my level of skill at the present so this is the base of the new version.

Please let me know of anything outstanding before I flesh out the arms and clothe her.
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-19-2012 at 06:48 PM.

The cat girl looks much better!

On the second picture: The stomach is lumpy looking (unless that's intentional to make her look pudgy) The hip is too pointy and jutting out. And, you should scoot the legs over to the left to be in line with the "cleavage"

When drawing females think " long smooth curves" not angles.

Hope this helps! Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 06-19-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Thanks for the feedback

I'll remove that bulge but i'm still sure it's supposed to be there, i'll fix that hip and will move the legs a bit and I usually end up smoothing the lines out once i'm done so you should notice a difference once it's finished

Thanks again

Male Attempt 3/4

Anything wrong before I finish it off and add clothes?

Manga Female (To be clothed)

Just went and drew all the under clothes detail and will clothe tomorrow assuming there is no massive problems with it. I have a feeling I brought the abdomen down to low not sure though.

'Nakedness is so wrong' ~Asura
    You haz been warned.

SPOILER! :

Anatomy Male

100 TC: Embarrassment

Yeah, it's terrible >.>' but still 2 down, 98 left
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-20-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Wow you've got some really great stuff up in the past few days!! For the 'manga female to be clothed' her stomach area is muuch too long, there's a giant gap between her breasts and her crotch - tummies arent that long!! I also feel like her upper arms are too small, they look slightly skeletal. On the last pic, (our) right shoulder is much too small, if you look at the line you've drawn connecting the bottom of the arm to the body, her shoulder is practically non existant! I also feel like on her, you've also given her small breasts (not size-wise, that's preference, but I mean in relation to the length of her body they're short) with a very long tummy area again.

Thanks for posting SF yeah I thought I had brought the crotch down to low >.> I'll fix that and yeah I'll also fix those arms, one day I'll get them right xD and ill try to fix the breast:tummy ratio on the final one, not sure why I've started making these mistakes suddenly :/

Edit: I think ive been being the shoulders line (which i use to form the shoulders and arm joints) down too low, thats what I notice on comparison to other sketches
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-21-2012 at 01:25 PM.

I'll just point out something about the last picture: (our) right hand looks backwards because the thumb line goes over the back of the hand. There SHOULD be a line there, but it should extend from the first finger, not the thumb.

Here's an example:

Oh of course, why dis t i notice that :L I can see that on my own hand >.> I'll fix that too :L thanks for pointing that out to me JJ, no idea how you spotted such a small detail

Also yeah the problems were due to the breast line being brought up to much resulting in smaller breasts and on the one to be clothed the croth line was brought down waaaaay to far so it looks stretched >.> on my female OC redraw I've made sure not to do that this time :L I also have some proper anatomy practice
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-21-2012 at 02:30 PM.