Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Whoohoo! Don't give up!

@JJ -

Anyway this is what I drew today a couple of hours ago:-

Sitting Down Pose Redraw:

SPOILER! :

(This is 6 head height and in a manga/anime style,please don't argue again :/) I used the critiques and I think this is a much better than the first attempt, I also used live human references in areas to try and get it better, hopefully it paid off I also stuck to the perspective this time! I will also try an actual anatomical version which will be 7-7 1/2 head heights maybe tomorrow unsure as of yet.

I may also add hair and make it the embarrassed theme, but that is to be decided assuming if I get positive feedback on it and got it correct this time.

Male Attempt #2

SPOILER! :

Also 6 heads tall and in a manga style (not anatomy practice albeit he has no clothes). I used a useful book I found which will help my anatomy study that i'm starting tomorrow again which I used to get the placements of muscles and stuff, hopefully also better than the clothed attempt yesterday. (Yes he is also androgynous :L)

100 Theme Challenge: Cat Girl

This is the progress i've made so far on my first 100 theme challenge, hopefully there is nothing outstanding also I hope and plan to foreshorten the upper arms hence why they are smaller. I think there is something up with the ears but i'm not sure what yet...

SPOILER! :

Tomorrow:

- Finish the cat girl.
    - Male and Female Manga Style (Nude) Practice
    - (Hopefully) lots and lots of Anatomy Practice
    - Maybe some hands and hair if I get round to it
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.

The girl sitting looks a ton better! Though, the neck area seems a little odd to me, I can't put my finger on it (it might just be me) And, also, her left ( on our right) eye should be a little closer to the side of the face.

One the male, he's very lumpy! All the lupms make him look fat (maybe you were trying to draw a fuller figured male?) You should use smoother and less lines. His left (on our right) arm looks broken. His legs are extremely thick and the neck is a little too thin. His whole neck/shoulder/collarbone area is odd. It shouldn't be that rounded and detached from the other areas.

I can't wait to see how the cat girl will look!

@JJ - Ah good glad I fixed the sitting pose, yeah... now you point it out the neck does look weird... not sure what it is yet, i'll fix the eye and try to fix the neck if I can

Dammit, I just can't get the males to look right >.>' and yeah I see what you mean by the lumps, I don't understand why my version looks terrible but the reference looks fine... :/ and yes the reference I used had lots of muscles, i'll just ditch this one and start again... it's beyond redemption how do you construct just a regular male without muscles bulging out, I seem to always do this whenever I draw males, it's completely involuntary but I do it anyway >.>'

I hope the cat girl looks better once it's done... males are frustrating

Almost finished the Libra lineart also
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-17-2012 at 07:01 PM.

I'm going to repeat what I said in the PM about your males, so that you don't have to go searching for it if you need help later

Try to use less lines (make the upper body one line for example) Also, thin the whole body out to match the style of the face and head. Make your lines straighter and a little sharper/angled (not round).

Hope this helps!

Ah how considerate xD thanks a lot i'll make sure to try that out tomorrow ^_^

I'm looking at the past posters of the other thread and I found this

http://tentopet.livejournal.com/34995.html

it's something that hamachi gave, I believe it'll help you with the eye angle stuffs.

I suggest you look into some other thread here, not to critique but to look at the guys who's really good at critiques..
    We have a lot of valuable stuffs here actually though a lot is already dead. >_>

Ok thanks Ram and ok I'll go and do that
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-18-2012 at 06:38 AM.

Finished Cat Girl:

Male Attempt #3:

Followed the advice I was given and i'm sure that I'm starting to get it right now also sorry about the messed up perspective >.>

Female Anatomy:

'Nakedness is wrong' ~Asura

Look if you dare :P

SPOILER! :

Tomorrow I think I will attempt some more foreshortening, and draw Maka from Soul Eater
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.

The catgirl's cute! I think her head should be scoot to the right a little more. Her ears look flat, you should look at a real cat's ears to get a better idea. Also, her right hand looks like it's missing the thumb because it curves in oddly.

On the male anatomy, much better! Though, the stomach still looks pudgey because of the extra side lines and the naval's too high.

Hope this helps!