Page 17 of 59 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Okay i'll try that out thanks!

This does look a lot better! The arms especially!

@JJ - Thanks glad I got the arms fixed

Didn't get round to much today so here is an unreferenced male attempt, am I getting any better at all with males?

Male Attempt:

Female Anatomy Practice #1:

SPOILER! :

This was unreferenced and I think it went ok

The final female anatomy I got bored and decided to instead of just leaving her blank and went into other details such as the face and stuff i've observed from mangas, below is what i'll be doing to keep my practice up at females whilst I concentrate on Male's and also so I can learn the smaller details and the details under the clothes. I also decided to try an emotion study so expect some new emotional things now and again.

Also unreferenced.

Female Anatomy #2/Emotions Study:

SPOILER! :

Think this would count for 75. Emotion: Embarrassment of the 100 Theme Challenge? Or should I make it more viewer friendly?

Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-16-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Male attempt: The head is too big, eyes to anime, the nose is not centered, the hands are small, weird placement of arms, the feets are floating and too much cloth (anatomy means naked, so we can see every section of its body).

First woman: head to big, it doesn't respect the perspective and weird small hands.

Second woman: head too big, weird boob perspective according to the body, the arms are too thin, too anime eyes, very anime expression, try to evade this last one, its bullshit in the way that you as an artist must learn to express character emotions without over reacting their features (cartoon or anime style) or placing extra elements so the people understand, you are not going to develop technique if you use tricks to achieve your goals.

Observations: you tend to draw females characters naked, while males are with cloth, this is weird in many levels, specially because the little naked females hide their vagina, which seems a shame on sexual parts, and even more on male sexual parts. Evade this, learn to love human body in its fullness. Also throw away everything that is anime, you might love the style, you might want to just draw that, but you are just using shortcuts and jumping over important techniques that you might never going to learn (or its going to become really hard), just because you are using a very simplified style that its mean to be for the over constant production of it.

clock, be nice. let him experiment. if he's serious about drawing he will deviate into other things later. for now, be critical but be. nice.

james, clock bluntly pointed out most of the corrections i would have said, but how you want to draw eyes is your choice, 'kay?
    the legs on your male seem slightly too big for his body. males normally have more musculare development in the the torso and shoulders, so that area often appears wider than the hips. also, maybe beef up his arms a bit?

argh, i wish i could redline!!!
    on your first female, the point of the hip is too low. the shape of the hip goes out at a sharper- not to sharp, mind you- angle (from the waist/ bottom of the ribcage) to the top of the pelvis, then it slants gradually down to the bottom of the butt, which is the widest point and about equal to the bottom of the groin.
    her legs on the whole are quite large and the kneecap is too big.

your second female is quite cutesy :3
    her boobs are too high up on her chest+uneven. they should sit just above the middle of the ribcage.
    the shoulder closest to us should be bigger. standing looking straight at us, that shoulder would be shorter than the one on the other side.

for a request, add some shading to your anatomy next time. it would be a good way to gauge your understanding of how bones and muscular shapes affect the skin and would give your characters a greater sense of volume.

Quote Originally Posted by WhenRabbitsAttack View Post
    clock, be nice. let him experiment. if he's serious about drawing he will deviate into other things later. for now, be critical but be. nice.
    If he just want prices, comments on how good he is and good is he going, then why asking for critics in the first place? Again, this is an art forum, which is focused on art critique of any kind and he is even asking for critique in the thread op.

james, clock bluntly pointed out most of the corrections i would have said
    You call it blunt, I call it straight to the point.

but how you want to draw eyes is your choice, 'kay?
    This is as true as in how you pick proportions. You do it as you want it, but without knowing the bases, be prepared to fell.

argh, i wish i could redline!!!
    Please not. I'm extremely against the correction through redlines, because those are basically meant to say "hey, you draw is imperfect, let me show you how to draw like me". Which if you are good you are only teaching how to draw like you, and if you are bad, you are just sharing your bad habits. If you go for redlines, just do it for stating axis of direction, perspectives, dimensions and every details is on the technical aspect, not the aesthetic.

I have done those, this guy knows it as I already gave him a strong amount of advices and critiques (which I'm not going to do again very soon to anyone), but those were just for technical aspects on head proportions, perspectives and so on.

Wow! So many corrections already! That doesn't leave me with much, but there's still something a little off with the second females. Her legs are at a different perspective from the rest of the body, it seems. It looks as if the view of the body is straight one, while the view of the legs is from above. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 06-17-2012 at 01:56 AM.

clock, be nice. let him experiment.
    You have to know the rules before you break them. That is art. Pretty much every single illustrator, concept artist, mangaka, whatever, has gone through the process of learning realism and basics. You don't truly understand anatomy and the human body until you go through this process. Stop being so defensive.

Also, please don't redline unless you're experienced and reaaaaally have proportions down. People inflict their own flaws upon the drawing when redlining, and it really messes up the original artist. I don't even do that shit

i wasn't going to redline the whole drawing, i was only going to correct a specific part in relation to the critique. i have an anatomy book at the ready to reference from when i critique, so i think it would be okay if i tried it once? maybe?

besides i can't redline, i don't have a tablet or any graphics software.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    If he just want prices, comments on how good he is and good is he going, then why asking for critics in the first place? Again, this is an art forum, which is focused on art critique of any kind and he is even asking for critique in the thread op.
    yes, but that doesn't mean you can't be nice. comment on every single tiny mistake he makes if you want, but don't just be all like 'dude, you fucked this shit up' instead 'dude, you fucked this shit up, here's how you fix it' makes for a more useful critique.

You call it blunt, I call it straight to the point.
    whatever. it's just posing the same thing in either positive or negative terms. irrelavant.

This is as true as in how you pick proportions. You do it as you want it, but without knowing the bases, be prepared to fell.
    this is true. but he isn't a extremely experienced artist. though james, if you bother to read this, eye anatomy is some thing you should look at. i will conceed

Please not. I'm extremely against the correction through redlines, because those are basically meant to say "hey, you draw is imperfect, let me show you how to draw like me". Which if you are good you are only teaching how to draw like you, and if you are bad, you are just sharing your bad habits. If you go for redlines, just do it for stating axis of direction, perspectives, dimensions and every details is on the technical aspect, not the aesthetic.
    you can't measure drawings against a standard of perfection, so therefore, every drawing is imperfect. redlining show the artist a different way to do some thing, not nessicarily a better or more perfect way. redlinig for asthetics can be ignored if the viewer chooses so

sorry for double posting, clicked the wrong button, was supposed to be editing original post. sorry :s
    Last edited by WhenRabbitsAttack; 06-17-2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: i double posted. sorry.