Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

@Shadowsfade - Thanks a lot I just hope i'm able to replicate what I did in my Fanart when I go back to making up characters again :L

---

Todays Fanart:

This is a referenced drawing of Fumino from Mayoi Neko Overrun! This is probably one of the more difficult poses I have drawn and i'm surprised it went successfully and I think I got the long hair correct this time I think there is something wrong with the eyes but i'm not sure how to fix it or what is wrong with it :/ I also got some foreshortening practice

Anatomy Practice #3:

SPOILER! :

Some more anatomy practice, this time they're 7 heads tall so they should look more properly proportioned I thickened out the arms more, hopefully I got them correct this time

when a person runs, the shoulders follow the movement of the arms. like this:

it's actually quite a common mistake. even the professionals make it ^-^

i love your drawing of fumino, she's gorgeous some thing that might make your forshortening more convincing is adding extra shading to the parts that are forshortened to enhance the shape. the only other problem i can see is that her butt is at an odly sharp angle. it should curve more gently. you're improving at a rapid rate, i'm impressed

Great job! I just have a few minor critiques.

On Fumino, part of the cuff of her right sleeve (on our left) is showing, while none of her arm is, which makes it seem like her arm is being hidden by the hair even though it shouldn't be. If you made that cuff part of the hair, it would look better

On the first anatomy practice, the legs are angled while the upper body isn't making it appear odd.

On the second, the arms are a little off. Her right arm's upper portion is a little long. Also, her left arm (behind the back) shouldn't have that crease opposite the elbow. The crease should extend from the arm's upper portion, not the forearm.

Thanks both of you knew I was gonna get lots of stuff back for the anatomy I really need to get into a routine with anatomy :L

@JJJorgie - Ok i'll do that with the cuff and try those poses again and hopefully get them right this time

@Mereana - I'll shade (attempt) the pose properly as I haven't done that in a while :L and awesome I never realized that the shoulders did that when you ran :P

Fan Art #5:

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...enDarkness.jpg

Well I have now kinda expended my stock of manga characters :/ I may have to spend a day going through all my manga's to find some more suitable poses to draw (most of my references are for eyes, hair styles and such not full characters) :/ if anyone has any suggestions of some good manga/anime please let me know i'll read anything :P

Anyway sticking with long haired characters I present to you Golden Darkness whom is also from To Love Ru (Not sure why I am drawing these characters to be honest...).

NOTE: I'm aware that her chin is to long, didn't realize until I had finished the body >.>
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-12-2012 at 07:29 PM.

I'm liking these fanarts! You're getting a lot better with anatomy. The arm pit lines are a little long, though.

Thanks i'll make sure to remove them in the morning

yes you are indeed improving! One question though. You do a lot of fanarts and say you follow refs. When following refs, do you copy the pose and the style? or do you just use it as inspiration?

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

she looks good, but her pose is confusing me. is she sitting or is she holding a pole behind her back? if it's the former, her thighs should be forshortened, and for the latter her hands should actually be gripping the object she's holding.

everything else looks great ^-^
    Last edited by WhenRabbitsAttack; 06-13-2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: i can't spell

I'm pretty sure she's leaning a little on a table-like object behind her, WRA.