Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Man, that girl in post #434. If I did emoticons, I'd do one of those little heart-type things. But I don't. So I won't.
    (But anyway, she looks really familiar. Did the person you traded with have a ridiculously long name that you couldn't pronounce if you tried and have an angel OC as well?)

This most recent drawing, I'm liking the shading, and your anatomy's getting way better than it used to be. Your pictures have depth where they used to look flat, too.

But! Be careful with the glasses. I think they should be pushed further away from his face, and those things that hook them onto the ears--they usually don't bend. Glasses are designed in a way where the edges are directly in front of the ears, or at least very close. I've never seen any glasses that wrapped around like they do in this picture (and in plenty of anime). Only goggles do that.

Thanks for those encouraging words and yeah those glasses... made massive mistakes on them :/ I will try to get some head studies with glasses and some studies on actual glasses done to compensate for the errors

I'm not sure about an angel OC but he does have a relatively long name, but I get the feeling he may not be the person you are thinking about but here is a link to his DA account; http://takeiteasy-brother.deviantart.com/

Thanks for posting

A pose out of several im working on to make a chart thing for Eternal, is there anything to be fixed before I move on to the clothing?

New poses im working on are running and some other emotions conveyed through body language

SPOILER! :

and the gesture; (slightly older, changed the legs a tiny bit after I took the pic)

Last edited by Demonfyre; 09-17-2012 at 06:15 PM.

cute pose you can tell the emotion of shyness being portrayed. our right breast is a bit of an odd shape though

Thanks SF, fixed the breast shape before I moved on with the clothing

Finished piece;

i like your sketching style. it looks so professional to me... hehe... i don't know if this has a bit of foreshortening (kindah worms eyeview) or you just prefer really long legs. >.> I don't blame you. long legs look sexy anyway. nice folds on the tees. socks and shoes lack a bit detail (folds, thickness, etc...) compared to the upper half.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

It kinda does have a bit of foreshortening, but it wasn't a very good reference unfortunately so it's hard to tell whether it truly is or not, the hands were particularly bad ;__;

Thanks and I will see what I can do about the details, I just dunno where to put them y'know? :L

Hum. Well your proportions are certainly getting quite good. I have to admit that I didn't notice the legs were slightly long, but it does look good anyhow, and well within the realms of possibility. If anything, perhaps her left boobotron could have been a bit larger and/or further down to the left? >_>

One more thing; Your shading is still really good in terms of softness and whatnot, but I'd really suggest remembering that the body itself casts shadows. For instance, looking at the rest of the shading here, her left arm should really have a harsher shadow on the inside since her hips and chest and blocking out parts of the light source off to the right...

Feel like I've picked too many faults here, but really, I did have to give it a good gander. Keep at it man. :3

You progressed a lot on bodies and shading. But you need to do another big step on the face; I know you like anime things and all that, but I feel you are restraining yourself on art style and, at the moment, both face and body are not cooperating on the final design. My advice as always is going to be real human faces, but if you like, also try to experiment, see how things work with smaller eyes, wider mouths, and so on. Also look at more diverse art style and study why did the artist took the decisions he/she did on the faces of the characters, he/she's intentions, goals and if it was delivered or not. This is so you can make the same kind of decisions on the design of your characters.

cute pic!