Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...risLineArt.jpg

Finished let me know of any things I should fix before I start colouring it tonight

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...atomyStudy.jpg

Here is some anatomy and hand practice I did today I think it's a significant improvement from last time :L any thing needing fixing?

Also here is the finished colour rendered Karis:

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...rtColoured.jpg

Tomorrow:

> Draw either Rena or Shugo (.hack//LotT)
    > 2 male and 2 female anatomy drawings
    > 3 more hands

Oh and maybe some foreshortening practice as well

nicely coloured Though could have a little stronger shade on her skin and t-shirt. Something to practise on. Shading is a bitch, it's difficult to master xD

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

loving ur hand anatomy! it looks great!
    the hips are slightly out of wack for the front facing female anatomy.
    a good way to distiguish easily between male and female, especially if you're drawing androgynous characters, is that girls have curving soft lines with very minimal angles, where as guys, with larger bones,harder muscles and less fat deposits can have cleaner, straighter lines defining their body shapes. your males have quite soft bouncy lines to describe hard muscles so a more angular approach would make them look stronger and more macho ^-^

I'll redline some of these to further my procrastination in writing my novel.

Well, procrastination over.

Quote Originally Posted by eltoroguaco View Post
    nicely coloured Though could have a little stronger shade on her skin and t-shirt. Something to practise on. Shading is a bitch, it's difficult to master xD
    Yeah I will continue to concentrate on shading still one of my weak areas at the moment :/ and tell me about it xD

@WhenRabbitsAttack - Okay, i'll make sure to make the lines more angular on tomorrows set of sketches and thanks, hopefully if just keep repeating the hands like I do with poses they will become more natural and will look better

@Matt - Thanks i'll make sure in future to save it as high a quality as possible to cut those JPG artifacts out and thanks for the rest of the critique i'll make sure to fix those areas in my next drawings and your writing a novel? Awesome! Good luck, I bet it will be excellent! xD
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-08-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Nicely done! You're getting better. WRA and Matt have already said most of what I was going to. You should really add more shading (lighter to darker, I mean), especially on the white parts.

when shading white stuff, saturate the colour you used for the base with a tiny bit of blue and it'll make the white appear whiter + closer to real life shadows on white ^-^

@JJJorgie - Thanks and I'll make sure to do that in my next colour rendering looks like I'll need to start working on shading a lot more to get it fixed

@WRA - Thanks for the tip I'll try that out on my next colour rendering

I love your artstyle However, there are some things that still needs work.

Long critique!
    SPOILER! :
    For hair, I'd like to suggest not doing highlights like that, instead, do it more zig-zag and don't do it around the whole thing. Also try to shade more solidly, soft doesn't necessarily equate to good.

Now gonna move on to her arm, the hands need more work and detail, hands have shading, too~ And I find it quite odd to see both arms having the same shading, because when your hand is up and the light is shining on it, there shouldn't be as much shading, instead, put some light shading to the right of her raised arm instead. And from the picture, I see that you color collarbones quite oddly try putting a highlight shade on the collarbone itself, and then some shading slightly under, around the width of a finger.(her finger, of course~)

Her arm starts out too small, to make it easier, If you sketched a circle for the head, try drawing 4 circles to fit nicely inside, then with that size in mind, put it on the shoulders. Her waist is too small, as well. Also, don't shade everything as a different object, remember, there is one or more light source, that shines on everything, not just one object. The blue part of the skirt looks very "pillow shaded" and the white have been ignored.

End of long critique o/