Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

@eltoroguaco - Thanks and yeah there is still plenty to improve upon :L I love the way you colour and design clothing i've learnt a lot from your designs

@WhenRabbitsAttack - Yeah that wasn't my attempt at anatomy, if it was it would most likely have been disastrous :S i'll try to fix the thickness of the arms definitely not the best arms I have ever drawn unfortunately :/

Ok i'll make note of that next time I draw out a manga character and practice anatomy

---

Oh and it is official! I finally found the pressure tool on SAI :L maybe this line art will look better than previous attempts :3

Oh really? :O wow... Never knew anyone ever would improve from my arts... It's great then =D My clothing is usually based on music or pure imagination... I rarely use refs XP So can agree that my clothing is kinda special. But the colouring is just Photoshop + wacom bamboo + brush random size and colour by hand under the outline layer :P I could always show you some digital tricks if you'd need it Maybe in return, you could show me some traditional pencil tricks? =D

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

^ Sounds like a plan and inspiration from music? Ooo that is so cultured *not sarcastic incase it comes across that way* I wish I could find inspiration from sources like that! That's one ability you have there, good to know your nurturing it :3

Carolyn and Charley's hairstyles aswell as Charley's jacket are based on Symphonic Gothic Metal :P A musical genre I highly adore. Same on the choice of colours.

When it comes to choosing colours, make sure you chose something that fits. A way is to find a colour tone you want the character to have and use that to find the colours for the cloths and their details. For Carolyn, I used red as the major tone and made sure her colours fit that. the exception is her hair since the hair stripe is not a part of the cloths she chose to ware on that picture. could use green as well, but wanted the cloths to be based on a card deck diamond.
    Last edited by eltoroguaco; 06-07-2012 at 09:39 PM.

^ Symphonic Goth Metal? I like metal but i've never listened to that genre, maybe i'll give it a listen

Line art is coming on nicely albeit its taking me hours to complete :/ I think i'll finish it tomorrow, sleep calls :3

Symphonic goth and power metal is metal with dark and meaningfull lyrics, symphonic melodies and usually a female vocal. It's bands like Nightwish, Evanescense, Within Temptation, Kamelot (got a male vocal, but still great), Birthday Massacre... etc.

evanesence kick ass

indeed they do! Bring me to life has been a favourite song to me ever since... well, ever since I first saw the trailer of Daredevil. but this is a little off-topic isn't it? ;P

yes. and that is my favourite evanesence song. *high fives guaco*

Evanescence awesome band :3 and yeah I'm quite acquainted with power metal, I've got a friend who is crazy about the genre O_o' and yeah this is a little off topic, oh well :P

Just woke up and am about to finish off the line art