Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

@Gaff - Thanks, will get round to fixing the breast, the hand thing was just a placeholder though so it wasn't going to be correc, not sure why I do that to be honest :L

@SF - Oh I see and also that isn't the hand it is a placeholder for the hand, but thanks for posting

@BV - Ok, see what I can do

@AnimeRebel - The hand is just a placeholder I don't refine it until the end. I will see what is up with that leg, thanks for posting

Also new stuff;

I like how the hair turned out, but I didn't foreshorten the further leg enough which decreases the dynamism I think :/

this new pose looks so much better. nice shading as always! folds too (and they look like they're in motion, cool!). maybe the abdomen area is a bit too long tho. Back may be bent a little to show the difference in depth between upper body and lower body. Needs a little more foreshortening (maybe enlarge the shoulders a bit compared to the hips).

another thing... maybe try improving the fingers of the hand close to her face... this is slightly an optional comment, since almost everyone has to practice it. Almost all artists are aware that hands are pretty difficult to draw.

aside from that its awesome! she looks pretty here. lovely eyes. nicely done... and yeah, the hair looks great! leg doesn't seem to be wrong, more of the abdomen area and arch of her back...
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Yeah, much better....
    But I still think the boobs are...off. (Maybe try going around at school tommorow for reference? JK...O.O)
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

@BV - Thanks, see what I can do about them hands
    @TheAnimeFreak - I dunno what is up with them, maybe I brought the clothing fold in a bit to much or something, I don't know

Decided I will start sketching really crap quality things that aren't human... started with an ant like creature. I only used a reference for parts of the body when I was struggling, I wish I had done the same for the legs as they are terrible :L

Any suggestions to improve this lacking skill of mine would be extremely appreciated!

Study WIP thing... ish

and a study from an angle

SPOILER! :

I've actually finished it, im just haven't scanned in the finished thing
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 10-09-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Well it... looks like an ant! (I would suggest, since it seems to be a monster thing, adding/incorporating different, alien qualities to this guy.... if you're ever going to revise this sketch, that is.)

W/ the second pic, as always, the mucleature is amazing, and the form is solid. To me the butt looks weird, and the boobs are better w/ this one, but still seem.... off. (I can tell you spent a lot of time on them though. Heh.) Course, I'm not someone who usually goes around staring at nude girls. so.... yeah.

101 Dalmations Member Prince of Angels's Avatar
    Looks great Demon! The only crits I was going to mention was taken by others or "other" to be exact. :P
    I am the Prince of Angels, high monarch of the heavens, and I crush all those who stand in my way!
    Would you like some pie?

@AnimeRebel - Hmm... im not sure what is up with the breasts, i've been doing a study to see if I can identify the problem but not had much luck... maybe it's because I didn't shade this one, dunno though

@PoA - Thanks

Been busy, have way to much work at uni so I haven't had time for major projects apart from one that was going a character profile for Eternal but I cocked it up, anyway to the sketches;

SPOILER! :

My messed up eternal profile sketch

A head I drew

A body I was working on as a gift but kinda abandoned when I messed up the angles from the reference

Experimenting about with form and joining them together to make some thumbnails sketches for possibly something more interesting, I also decided to draw some weird Necron looking robot.

Just an idea/gesture for the necron like creature, didn't go too well and I think the perspective is off
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 10-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.

hah hah, the Necron thing is awesome! (Well, at least when I visualize it anyways...)

Don't worry about the perspective... you can fix that when you start sketching on the final.

No joke, remember Lego Bionicle? I still have two of those guys that I use for quick-reference check when it comes to perspective. (Now, I can't use them for proportions, maybe that's why all my foreshortened shots look hyberexagerated/scewed up. x_x )

**On the boobs** I still don't know either, although it's getting embarrassing to try and critique. *ahem* Check out Mark Criley's work for reference on how to make them look natural/good without turning them into buckets.
    I think another problem too is that the legs, generally speaking, are too large. Look at the head and torso, then legs. It might be just your style but I think you could heighten the feminine-ness if the legs were slimmer.

Very nice stuff. Not much to critique on, but I must say I love the first picture's hand on the hip and the concept of the last drawing!

this is great! You've done so much. The pose looks good actually. Its more natural now and anatomy is almost flawless. The later designs are awesome, especially the scorpion. No crits for now, these are all great.
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/