Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Quote Originally Posted by nisaren View Post
    I kind of feel like you're drawing the upper torso too large for the body. I did a bit of photoshop manipulation on it to show you what I mean.

SPOILER! :

Not sure if you can tell from that alone as it's really just some quick tweaking. I didn't bother to make it look perfect so you could see the areas that I worked on, but surprisingly some of the lines still matched up pretty nicely.
    Oh yes I do see the line where you shortened it can I ask, is this a frequent problem or just in this particular sketch?

Thanks for pointing that out to me I won't edit the actual sketch as it would take me hours to fix up :/ but i've made a note for future sketches

I noticed it in both of the pieces in your last post. Also I made another version showing a little bit more the changes I made. Your original image is blue-ish while my adjustments are reddish.

SPOILER! :

I actually didn't change the head size at all, just moved it so that it lined up with the rest of the body.

Oh yeah I see what you did, thanks for pointing that out to me I'll try to not repeat that mistake again, I may also make an other redraw if I get the time as well to make sure I get the problem fully fixed
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-15-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Wei Ya Character Design WIP

(sorry for the angle being a little off)

I still need to shade and add some fire magic sprouting out of the left hand but the other drawings these past few days I think went badly so I thought i'd post this WIP up and see if it can be improved further

EDIT: And... the fingers are really long *facepalm*
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-16-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Just want to post this.

So yeah, keep working.

Ohnoes, have I repeated a mistake I made back then? :O

So yeah, keep working.
    I shall
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Ooo, super duper nice!!! I have the feeling that Clock was trying to show your improvement (I could be wrong).

I just have a couple little things. I feel like there should be a little more hair, it looks a little incomplete. Also, it looks like the fingers and the hand on the left are longer than the fingers on the other hand.

Great job!!!

I think it may be related to the lines on the knees - IIRC, when you did that picture, someone mentioned to you that those types of lines are for the back of the knee, not the front. there may be other things too but thats just something i remembered

i like the new character design, especially the collar area of the top. The arm on our left doesnt look right, from the position of the hand and stuff, it looks like the arm is bent out to the side, yet there's no elbow to show that the arm is bending, so it just looks like the arm is curving, which isnt possible! the elbow area of the other hand also looks a little odd, i think it goes a little too thin before it bulges out, and the random line looks a bit odd. however, the whole of our right arm and the hand looks much more natural than in some previous poses, so good job on that!

@JJ - Thanks I'll add more hair and and those fingers

@SF - That's what I thought initially about the lines on the knees, but whenever I look around at drawings from both manga and anatomy I see those lines indicating the kneecap, am I drawing then in wrong or something?

Also with the arm I took a picture of the pose but it seems to work fine for me, and I'll see what I can do about fixing those orher areas up thanks

Update:

Arms an hands looking better?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-17-2012 at 10:35 AM.

I think the arms are looking a lot better, however, I think the right arm's pose is a little awkward. Try the pose yourself, holding your arm out to the side like that feels awkward compared to holding it more forward. I think the legs are still off. Here's a quick red-line I did a little bit ago.

Mainly, I think it'd help if you included the lines for the patella tendon below the knee cap. Also, her left (our right) leg appears to be atrophied with the muscle curving in as it goes to the knee. So maybe beef that up just a little.