Page 54 of 59 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

@Shadowsfade - Thank you! I've been wondering what was up with that face... I wasn't too sure :/ maybe I will try a redraw and see if I can get those mistakes out of it and I will also fix that up for the succubus!

@AnimeRebel - Yup, I love my soul eater :3 and noted, however the stylisation was intentional

@JJ - Thanks :3 I shall fix them up

@Toast - :3

@Bunny/Cora - Thank ye both :3 I have got that on my massive list of studies over my christmas break, and I will give that some attempts possibly in the next day or two if my exam studies don't get in the way too much :3

Thanks a lot guys, I will try to fix all of that up

Edit: I was also wondering if I could get some specific critique on the shading, it's something i've just been taking in it's stride for the past while, but I probably ought to fit in some studies for it as well later on, so yeah, how has it been?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 12-05-2012 at 07:36 AM.

I have found both of these videos to be very helpful. In fact, Mark is fast becoming my "go-to" guy for tutorials. The first one is just "where" to add value and light, and the other is more specifically how he adds value. Hope they are helpful :3

Edit: The videos are kinda long, but if you have the time, I feel they are very inspiring, but also instructional, while leaving a bit of lee-way (spelled horribly wrong) for whatever drawing you're actually shading.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Thank you very much Blue_Dragon I shall give them a watch and do some studies

Head/Hair Study Part 1

~All were referenced from real life

SPOILER! :

Hevisa for Kodos

SPOILER! :

Looking great!!

I don't know what you used for references, but on the guy, his eyes seem too small and/or too close together.

The succubus is wonderful! My only complaint is the the lower hand's thumb is pretty small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Some old drawings from over Christmas, been unable to draw much recently;

Arm Studies;

Festive Sketch;

Ref'd Rabbit;

Fanart; (Inspiration; http://negima.wikia.com/wiki/Nodoka_...ima-336114.jpg)

WIP;

Same pose syndrome ftl
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 01-04-2013 at 03:55 PM.

Looking good! Really like your "Merry Christmas" girl.
    Proportions seems good, shading is very minimal but very good.. and the folds on the scarf are done very well!
    If I should point out something that catches my eyes, it's the folds on her left arm, it's doesn't really seem right. I know how hard it is to get folds right.. know it way too much.. but the fold en the outer shirt on her left arm needs some attention.

Also.. her eyes... not that they aren't very well done, it's not that.. it's just that they look a little misplaced.. I mean.. the style of the eyes doesn't quite fit with the rest.. Does this make sense? Probably not.. I don't know if it's just me.. it probably is.. :P

I really like your fanart picture of that girl with the blown up skirt too! Very sexy :x
    One thing to notice with that drawing is her left breast.. it seem way smaller than the other..
    BUT!
    What I really like about that drawing is the legs! You nailed them! People tend to draw the female character with legs about the thickness of the arms.. Seen that alot. Think it's because they are afraid of giving them way too big thighs, but you, you got'em just right! And the shape of em too!
    And the way you shaded it around the knee area, made the knee look more realistic, and knees are hard to get right! And that little detail around the butt, with that little fold of the skin where the leg meets the butt.. good detail!!
    Love it when people draw female characters with smexy legs! Raaww! :P

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to see some more

Deviant Art | Art Thread

If you are interesting in commissioning me, please fill in this form: http://goo.gl/yRXZH

Looking good! Really like your "Merry Christmas" girl.
    Proportions seems good, shading is very minimal but very good.. and the folds on the scarf are done very well!
    If I should point out something that catches my eyes, it's the folds on her left arm, it's doesn't really seem right. I know how hard it is to get folds right.. know it way too much.. but the fold en the outer shirt on her left arm needs some attention.
    Thanks yeah I did like how that one turned out, ok I shall get to work on fixing those folds, yeah they were... improvised DX

Also.. her eyes... not that they aren't very well done, it's not that.. it's just that they look a little misplaced.. I mean.. the style of the eyes doesn't quite fit with the rest.. Does this make sense? Probably not.. I don't know if it's just me.. it probably is.. :P
    I know exactly what you mean... something was bugging about them but I could never work out what :L thanks for pointing it out though.

I really like your fanart picture of that girl with the blown up skirt too! Very sexy :x
    One thing to notice with that drawing is her left breast.. it seem way smaller than the other..
    BUT!
    What I really like about that drawing is the legs! You nailed them! People tend to draw the female character with legs about the thickness of the arms.. Seen that alot. Think it's because they are afraid of giving them way too big thighs, but you, you got'em just right! And the shape of em too!
    And the way you shaded it around the knee area, made the knee look more realistic, and knees are hard to get right! And that little detail around the butt, with that little fold of the skin where the leg meets the butt.. good detail!!
    Love it when people draw female characters with smexy legs! Raaww! :P
    Thanks again, you are too kind lol, yeah that breast, I think it was because I drooped the fabric on the right one a tad, and tried to make it stand out more to the shading (which failed miserably). Haha I always thought I drew terrible legs ^^; thanks :3

Ok...http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/.../ArmStudy2.png THe first one is wrong or i didn't realize you drew it differently. If you bend your arm the biceps will always follow on the forehand...dammit im not sure how to explain. ok imma do a redline for yous.

The festive drawing is kick-ass and cute. Te rabbit is good, although i think you should try to shed the shapes instead making such a hard line on the part where his head connects to the neck. The fan art looks good ( the thighs might be a bit too thick, but it probably just my preference to have them thinner) also her feet look too small, and i doubt the side boob would make such a fold on a baggy .... whatchamacallit.... And the last sketch also, in my humble opinion has thick roots of the thighs.

still i really like these good work Demon!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I agree the festive sketch is really cute! The only thing I have to add is on that picture, her right arm is coming across most of her body, but the fingers end at pretty much the same place as her left arm - as it's cutting across her body, it's going to be a bit higher up than how you've drawn it