Page 24 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

This is where I am in the design of Ryan currently for the Genome Banner, anything outstandingly wrong I should fix before moving on to his trousers and face?

Something I drew up on the GB, unreferenced and unguidelined and my first attempt at that sorry that it is rubbish :L also i'm aware that the leg's should be switched around for position and that the arm should be moved up a bit

SPOILER! :

I think you need to loosen up. it looks like you are basically outlining the shape. the figure does not have a soul. I think it is more important to get the ideas down then build it up from there. the figures right now looks very empty.

Yeah I see what you mean about being empty o: thanks for pointing that out to me

How can I go about 'loosening up' and getting more soul into it, should I work on the face first and give it expression before progressing on? Also what do you mean by getting the 'ideas' down first? Sorry if these are stupid questions :L an thanks for posting

at this stage it is important to not be so technical. if you wanted to draw a delinquent with bling and a pony tail , do it and then ask what is wrong. it is much easier for someone more experienced to tell you why you are doing it wrong then you to scratch your head sitting there wondering why it "feels" off. just draw all the components of the piece then worry about fixing it later when you ask questions. That is why we are here.

I agree that you are worrying too much about all of the technical things like the anatomy. Don't get me wrong, anatomy is extremely important, but you're worrying about it so much that it's restricting your imagination to take hold (that sounds kind of cheesy). Have fun with your drawings! Make it something that you REALLY enjoy and look extremely forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    and a weird group board inspired me staring at what appears to be Navi :L

james, are you a red-head?

and i agree with apples and jj. just draw man. than post it up, figure out whats wrong and fix it. then do it all over again

Ah I see what you mean now sure ill do that then I wonder if this may be what's been restricting my imagination o:

@Mereana - No but I have red hair dye or something that I was tricked into using long story short >.> and my hair does sort of look a mess like that :L

---

Jorm design for the F.E.N.R.I.S. collab project
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-27-2012 at 06:12 PM.

i think your hair looks cool! as far as i can tell from the drawing i mean :3
    i thought your hair was red.
    i feel so psychic

jorm looks great! its nice to see a more robotic sort of android instead of a dead-on human look-a-like
    nice work on the musculature we can see under his coat, he looks quite fit :P
    the size of his head seems slightly stunted and round. human heads genrally have a more ovular shape.
    for all his muscles, are these shape created by his circuitry under neath a thin stretch amoured layer, or does he cover his mechanical body with a flesh analouge to make him look more human so he blends in?
    being an android he has no human origins, so reasons behind any human looks have to be created for him to be believable.

EDIT: how does he see?
    Last edited by WhenRabbitsAttack; 06-28-2012 at 03:47 AM.

You must be psychic xD and thanks I'm also glad that he is a decent looking male and not female for once xD anyway to answer your questions and stoof:

• Yeah his head is circular looking because I made a bad job of the hood :/ I may try a redraw in a different pose just simply to get tHe hood right

• I would expect that because he is a full robot made to look humanoid that the musculature is just there to 'look' normal, however that's a bit absurd when you consider he has parts of machine hanging here and there :L

• Not sure what your meaning by the third statement :/

• Well he is a robot so I assume he can use sensors and stuff? They dont have to rely on camera/eyes for sight. Also we could make it on his first encounter that Jett and Tyra assume he is blind and then get owned by assuming such a thing :L

Thanks for posting, going to finish wok on my OC now
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-28-2012 at 09:02 AM.

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    The foot facing us (his right foot) should widen towards the bottom (foreshortening).
    His left arm is a little off..
    The folds on his pants (near the waist) make no sense, probably because there are so many short lines.

Other than that: HOLY CARP you improved so much lately!
    You've got the anatomy down, and the design is cool! Nice job~