Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Man, it might be the face proportions, but I think this one is looking pretty cute. The torso and the arms are definitely all good and well, too. The legs are curved in all the right places, but are looking quite a bit scrawnier around the thighs than they probably should, really, compared to the rest of the image. Girls are supposed to have thicker legs than arms, remember.

The eyes are pretty good I guess. No super mistakes that I can spot. Wish I could be more helpful, sorry, just doesn't seem like there is too much to comment on. >_>

^ Ah thanks for checking out my new drawing i'll try to beef up the legs before I move on to more characters tomorrow, and no worries that is very helpful! Now I know i'm moving in the right direction Thanks again!

---

in fact i'm going to upload her original design later
    As promised:

**Warning: The 2 month old picture is an abomination and should be burnt**

SPOILER! :

I also made it a transition thing like Kine did on his thread

Anyway, goodnight
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 05-31-2012 at 10:32 PM.

It's lovely as always :)
    But, as for the eyes- your problem isn't the actual shape of the eyes, it's the placement in relation to the head and face.

SPOILER! :

You seem to be placing the eyes in a 3/4 view the same way you should in a front view. I drew a front view head thing showing the placement of the eyes (the distance between them should be 1 eye width).
    Now, in a 3/4 view the center line of the face (where the nose and mouth are centered at) is tilted to the side, that's because it's a 3/4 view. Now, when you draw the eyes, draw them in relation to the tilted center line, just like I drew in red.

Another thing as you can notice, is that the far eye is abit smaller than the close one, that's because of perspective and it changes depending on how close the "camera" is to the character. Usually a subtle perspective is what you'd want to use (like I did) and sometimes you can even completely draw the eyes the same size, it's really up to you as long as you don't make the eyes too different in sizes so it looks wierd.

Whenever you're having trouble with placement of things and proportions, don't forget you can always just look in the mirror and see it for yourself! I hope this was helpful and that you'll overcome your problem with eyes :)

shnorkel explained the eyes pretty damn good! also to add, the eye furthest away from you should also be much closer to the edge of the face than the one closest to you - so like in the sitting pose you posted, the furthest eye is in pretty much the right place, but the eye closest to us (our right) is right near the edge of her face, practically right next to the ear, and it shouldnt be like that in 3/4

awesome sitting pose btw, and on your OC comparison, i cant believe you've improved that much so quickly!

on the sitting pose, i feel like the arm on our right, the elbow should be closer towards the knee on her leg, rather than that far back - just the way she's leaning forwards with her shoulders slumped forwards, and looking at where (our) left elbow would be directly down on the leg rather than in the air, it seems like the elbow is too far up her leg for that pose to work

cute eye practice btw i love the way you draw them

@Shnorkel - Thanks for that drawing and the explination of eyes tomorrow i'm going to work specifically on the eyes and hair and try to get them corrected once and for all but somehow I don't see it being that easy but you never know :P thanks again!

@Shadowsfade - Ah I see what you mean by the eye placement on the sitting down pose, i'll try to fix that up tomorrow at some point and the arm placement! Unfortunately I made that mistake again in the picture i'm about to upload so sorry :s and thanks it seems like the process is taking forever for me :L

cute eye practice btw i love the way you draw them
    Thanks :P I wish they would turn out as successful in practice when drawing full bodies :L
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Here is teh daily upload:

Introducing my new OC, Karis actually her character profile was already made up but I hadn't designed her so here she is! I should also point out that before I got a chance to read the feedback on my eyes I had already drew and scanned this in so sorry but try to ignore them :L i'm also working on the design for my male character but i'm having... difficulties with the design so I may be a few days :/

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...yre1/Karis.jpg

Also I was working on hair styles, made up of more strands rather than the simple Eternal style which for me always results in failure so i'm also uploading some attempts I made and I hope someone is able to point out what im doing wrong because frankly I have no idea :/

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/...rAttempts1.jpg
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-01-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Simple: make studies of hair and hairstyles. Type in "hair" or something in google images, you're bound to find at least some pictures you can use. If you study good enough you should improve at drawing hair from memory too. Have fun

^ Right I'll try that hope it works it frustrated me so much :/

v Okay :L i'll get back to it later
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-02-2012 at 02:31 PM.

If it starts ftustrating you, take a break and draw something easy and fun that you know will turned out good until you're calmed and motivated, then continue your study

Re drew an other 3/4 view of Eternal again to try and fix some more problems with the proportions etc. This time I am very sure I got the eyes right also does the hand and the shoulders look ok? I used a reference that had the shoulders like that and it looked good but i'm not convinced I was able to replicate it very well :/

Also I'm making up a line art and colour render of that drawing right now for practice which I will also upload later if I finish it