Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

I really could have done a better job of this :/

the heads on last page are looking great (:

With this drawing, here are just somethings I notice. You seem to be unhappy with it, so I don't know if you notice this too, but whatever, I'll point it all out:

1. Her neck indicates that her head would be at a 3/4th view, however her head is facing towards us. It isn't aligned and looks kind of weird.
    2. The arm reaching up is too short. Measure it and then place it against her side. If she relaxed her arm, basically it would only reach her hip, which is obviously not right
    4. I was contemplating whether or not stating this since the style is anime, and anime typically doesn't have much shading, but I think it's fine to say. I think you should use darker values, especially on the face, which is hidden behind her hair and the fact that theres a bright light source she's forming out of her raised hand. That would create some intense lighting, I believe. This is just kind of a quick example I found of what I mean. Basically it would just create more depth in the image.

Otherwise, I think you did an overall cool job. From what I can tell, you didn't seem to mess up the angle of the right arm. If I'm wrong though, anyone feel free to say so :P

Thanks! Oh also i've begun watching those proper anatomy head videos, hopefully get some sketches done in the next couple of days, if university allows me too

1) Oh I see, I was observing some of Rei's head sketches and that why I tried doing an intermediate between straight forward and 3/4, I will make sure to not repeat that mistake

2) Yeah it was supposed to be foreshortened as it's held slightly backwards, is there anyway to make that more obvious?

4?) Ah I see what you mean I will keep that in mind, I think I also got scared off in the shading aspect of things, because a lot of the costume and hair is supposed to be black and i'm not sure how the best way to go about shading black is :O

Thanks for the feedback I will fix those up!

To foreshorten the arm going backwards, the upper arm should be longer than the forearm. Also, the arm would need to be angled narrower (closer to the head) and the hand might need to be a little smaller.

Pretty much everything has been said, so i'll just say i like the pose, it has a lot of action and movement in it without being too obvious, and is a great step up from some of your more static poses the foreshortening on our right arm is awesome

I think it turned out well I like that you used the ribbon to convey more motion, but I'm surprised that you didn't apply the same concept to the hair. Long hair, capes and other stuff that hangs and flows (even chains) are great tools to add movement. It's clean and neat as always, toasts suggestion about adding value is good though, especially on hands and face, because that's what you want people to see first, and contrast is always interesting. Overall great work

@JJ - Ah yes I see what you mean I will keep that in mind for the future thanks for posting

@SF - Thanks

@Rubisko - Argh, I forgot to add the motion to the hair >.> I will need to take more care next time :/ thanks for posing and bringing that to my attention

I wil be unable to draw for a couple of days as I move into my new flat tomorrow :3 so for now this series of head sketches I drew yesterday will have to suffice;

Othello - JJ OC
    Anita - Person on DA (Takeiteasy)
    Eternal - Me ofc
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 09-03-2012 at 05:26 PM.

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    Those are some long necks man.
    Btw I like the guy with the teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

They look very nice.

Almanac: That's actually my OC, Othello.

Demon, if you could please give me credit for him

@Stan - Yeah I seem to give them long necks whenever I do headsketches :P

@JJ - Thanks JJ ^_^

Something i've been working on for a few days could have done a better job of the hair, but I will sort that out on the lineart i'm working on now sorry for the bomb basic background :/ took so long colouring that I had no patience to work on it more.

Just to note I don't need any critiques on the character, I already received them a few pages back