Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Reverting back to what? looks good to me. I would say though that you depend pretty heavily on your guide lines, and the poses are lacking free flow, which makes the poses feel a bit rigid. You have a pretty good foundation for anatomy id say, it may be time to start weaning yourself off guide lines just a little. maybe only use them in areas you really have trouble with. Also, you may want to start looking at some refs of muscle anatomy now, instead of the basic structure anatomy. good stuff, keep it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by NWAP View Post
    Reverting back to what? looks good to me. I would say though that you depend pretty heavily on your guide lines, and the poses are lacking free flow, which makes the poses feel a bit rigid. You have a pretty good foundation for anatomy id say, it may be time to start weaning yourself off guide lines just a little. maybe only use them in areas you really have trouble with. Also, you may want to start looking at some refs of muscle anatomy now, instead of the basic structure anatomy. good stuff, keep it coming.
    Thanks for the feedback and sorry I was sure my drawings werent as good as I could have made them if you know what I mean. Yeah I recently started wondering if my guidelines were starting to restrict my poses a bit now, thanks for clarifying my thoughts on the matter, I shall see what I can do about trying to stop relying so heavily on them and making the poses flow more and I'll look into this muscle anatomy which does sound interesting I must say

---

Female Pose and Proportion Practice #1 (Referenced as always):

SPOILER! :

Definitely starting to get better with the anatomy and the proportions I think I'm sure the legs for number one are a bit short, if progress continues like this hopefully I will be able to do some specific studies and then get onto clothing and males again
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.

These look really good! I only have a couple of critiques/siggestions.

Firstly, on the first picture (the top most girl), I think her legs should be a little longer. This is what I think you keep doing: you drew the feet longer, so you shortened the legs to fit your guidelines. <-- This makes the legs come out a tad bit too short. Also, I think the hand's too big.

On the second girl, there's a line connecting her neck and the far breast that shouldn't be there.

On the third, the armpit line/side of her far breast goes up too far, especially compared to the other side. Also, her rib cage area on the far side sticks out and is pointy. It looks a little strange. Try rounding it out more.

I hope this helps! Keep up the great work!

Apart from what JJJorgie said, the first one's arm on our right is too long - if you measure where it'd come down to if by her side, the wrist reaches mid thigh - this is where the end of the fingers should reach. Also, the thighs on the second and third one seem a bit thin, most noticeably where the thigh reaches the knee on the bent leg on the last one

Nice progress man

@JJ - Yeah I thought I had made legs on number 1 too short, I'll make sure to not make the breast lines to long from now on and with number three the reference had the area where the rib cage protrudes pretty sharp sonI just copied it but yeah I would agree with the rounding it, thanks for the feedback

@SF - Yeah I thought the arm was a bit to large, I'll make sure to fix that up. Oic, I was told my thighs were to thick so I was thinning them out, I'll try to get a median between being too thick and too thin thanks for posting

@Cloudy - Thanks Cloudy

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    The proportions are certainly there. The only thing is sometimes the way you draw the shoulder and neck muscles seems a little awkward.

-scarlet.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

@Scarlet - Oh good and yeah I'm still trying to make the neck look akward :L it's tougher than I had previously imagined :L thanks for posting

More Stuff

• Libra Progress Meme Thing

Sorry some of the shading didn't show up well particularly on the legs and the crotch >.>

SPOILER! :

Old Version (NOT FOR CRITIQUE AS IT WAS MADE MONTHS AGO WHEN I WAS EVEN WORSE THAN I AM NOW :P):

Improvement?

• Moar Head Sketches

• Moar Body Practice

Now that my OC sketch is done I may try some more interesting foreshortened poses tomorrow... If I'm brave enough :L
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 08-08-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Regular Member TheVermillionFox's Avatar
    #1: Everything looks awesome O3O

#2: The arm holding the bow looks a bit awkward, I don't exactly know what's wrong with it though.

#3: Can I have some hair skills please?

#4: Anatomy looks awesome, and those feet look so much better then mine do.

Nice job, bro O3O
    I am actually Roy Mustang.

Okay! These look great!

First picture: Awesome!

Second picture: Her feet and hands are too small. Her face should be higher, or the cheek lower. On the arm holding the bow, the elbow and inside elbow bendy part (I don't know the term) looks kind of odd. It kind of looks like if you copied the forearm and pasted it to the left of the upper arm and then tried to connect them. Does that make any sense?

Faces: I LOVE the first face so much! On the second, the mouth is a little low. The mouth of the third kind of looks like a mustache o.O

Last picture: Really cute!