Page 15 of 59 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

where's the table legs? it's entirley possible, it;'s just confusing :s

Out of view. it could also be a counter. What I was getting at is that the pose isn't either one of those in your post as far as I can see.

Thanks for all the feedback

@Mereana an JJ - It's suposed to be a banister that she is leaning against, it doesn't help when my scanner cuts out the parts that hold it up >.>, and the right leg on the reference I used is actually in front and I tried to replicate that but I did terribly I think :/

@Guaco - I usually lightly use the pose of the reference to invent the pose I use so I generally get inventive there, the clothes are the same but if I didn't copy the clothes she wouldn't be the same character surely? and finally the hair is copied because that is what I'm working on and I'm not good at inventing my own long hair yet :/

What I tend to find is although when I'm drawing out the character and trying to study the artists style I keep going and drawing the character in my own style so It's debatable whether it's a complete copy or not :/

Also I plan to do a few more fanarts albeit it's essentially copying they are teaching me new ways of drawing clothing folds and different clothes and eyes and have been extremely helpful and also give my imagination a rest :L
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-13-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Looks badass!
    I find myself checking your thread everyday since you upload new stuff every day. Keep it up!

Although girls are prettier, don't let yourself get rusty with drawing males. Either with fanart or sketching up on your own, sharpen up on drawing males. Hell, you can even draw some awesome shounen stuff like fights, weapons, mechs- you can use it to practice dynamic poses and perspective altogether!
    You can try drawing a fight scene from an anime that you liked, but from a different angle than your reference, that way you can copy the style and general setup but still have to come up on how to draw everything.

Diggin your stuff mate, can't wait for the next one.

^ Yeah i've just realized the trap i've fallen into... I attempted males today for the first time in a while and the result was laughable :L so i'm now gonna be concentrating my fanarts on males, I won't bother inventing poses yet, once i'm confident with drawing males again i'll start that it's ironic really, I concentrated on female because I was terrible, become good and now i'm terrible at males >.>'

I'll post up my fanart and sketch I did later spoiler: you may also discover the origin of that weird L symbol I use as a signature thing :P

Oh and thanks! i'm glad you enjoy my art, gives me even more inspiration than I already have xD
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-13-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Fan Art #5:

Rito because he has an awesome hair style that I want to be good at drawing... oh yeah and also because he is male (and I need the practice) not sure what tomorrows fanart will be... hopefully I can find an other male reference though

Libra

This was the original character I designed back when I first tried to draw manga and failed horribly and gave up after a week :/ that weird L symbol I use as a signature is also the way I stylized her name hence why I use it in all of my pictures :3. The original idea was she was part of a fantasy project called 'Chronicles' I had going but was eventually replaced with Genome . Sorry for her scantily clothed appearance, I'm still working on her design, it could always be worse I guess :L maybe I will draw her male counterpart sometime in the future as well

EDIT: I guess you could say she obeys the jRPG armour rules...
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-13-2012 at 05:32 PM.

lovin your latest fanart! libra looks great, and it's nice to find the origins of your signature mark ^-^
    your armpit lines are still a little longon her though
    rito looks good, but the folds in his clothing look odd because they all sit on the same line. they're all correctly place, but adding a few kinks in the clothing elsewhere might make it appear more natural.
    depending on his age (younger than 14, ignore this) his neck is a little thin for a male, and it lends him a slightly effeminate appearance.
    with his hands, they're obviously fists, but theyre much too small.

you're improving too rapidly, it's making me dizzy

Haha thanks you should have seen the first attempt though... >.> it was terrible haha anyway with the thin necks and short chin I think it's just the style of the artist I'm using as a reference because he also has that with females and all his male characters :/ oh and I see what you mean by all the folds sitting on the same line :O I'll fix that along with the arm pit folds on Libra and yeah I also have a weird G symbol for my male character but I prefer the L one :L ill probably draw out the male one later he was still in designing however too when I left him :/

Sorry don't want to make chuu dizzy O_o
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-14-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Nice fanart, I am a fan of yabuki kentaro as well, though I think of him much more of a rival that I want to surpass!

For the critique make sure torso is smaller than the hips for girls, equal size doesn't make them too attractive
    SPOILER! :

Though it does differ on a lot of styles, but for you i'm sure it's best to follow this cause you seem to be some fan of yabuki kentaro as well.

Ah okay thanks for the image I'll make sure to follow that on my next drawing and yeah I'm a fan of his stuff, hope ill be able to draw as well as he does someday

Also where did you get that image? Is it from a book you own?
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-14-2012 at 11:47 AM.