Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Demon's Critique Collection

Your only problem in last pic that his shoulder length. Make it a bit small.
    And shoulders make them a bit gentle (angling down a bit more).
    Also the shoulder joint is too narrow .

^ Ok, I'm going to attempt to redraw him and if I can't I'm just gonna take a break for a while.

An attempt at human anatomy (not manga proportions). Am I doing it right? I really have no idea :/

All are from references from posemaniacs, and a guide said to use a skeleton first then build it up but when I do they come out like that... i'm very sure they aren't supposed to look like that
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.

They are perfect . If you follow it and apply to your character then they will come out as awesome .
    Keep practicing .

yes, that's right anatomy =D You still need practise, but it'll sure prove useful.

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

101 Dalmations Member Shindoutou's Avatar
    The anatomy looks pretty good, though the stomache area looks a little on the long side? Or maybe that's just the manga anatomy stuck in my head, and bodies really look like that ^^

Just one tip, when using skeletons and stick figures like that, don't go for perfectly straight lines, if you know what I mean. All poses will come out looking stiff and unnatural like that. Just try to curve the lines ever so slightly, especially with bent legs and arms, as the human skeleton isn't perfectly straight too

Thanks for all your advice and feedback it's really good to know that I wasn't doing as badly as I thought

@Shindoutou - Ok i'll make sure to try and bend the skeletal lines tomorrow to make them more natural and on number 6 (the final one) i'm not really sure but I was following a guide and that was the outcome... I think its just that we've been drawing manga proportions sop many times that we have forgotten the normal proportions of an actual human :L

This is my current project to apply what i've learnt, now I've gone back to the boring 3/4 pose again because I want to make sure I get it right, but tomorrow I have Deathnote opened and i'm locating a pose for me to try out tomorrow so hopefully the boredom shall be short lived xD

EDIT: Oh yeah and that is how I draw my characters :3
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-06-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Finished this is the new redesigned Karis, quite proud of this one because I was able to make a decent set of long hair i'm line arting it now and will post it up when its done also what do you think of the skirt? Is it ok or do they still need work? Redrew it like 3 times :/

Tomorrow i'll be doing a hand, hair and cloth study so I may post up some of those

well you can do things I envy you with! nice looking folds, coloured/shaded pencil arts, straight and pretty pencil lines and... basically everything when it comes to traditional arts. I simply cannot make anything traditional xD So I say you're good. Great in fact! Can always be better, but you're better than me =D

Watch me on: Twitter, Facebook and DeviantART

wow 8D big improvement on karis! nice work, she looks amazing!
    her arms either have no muscular development at all, or thats not really a piece of anatomy you've been concentrating on. the upper arm in classic anime proportions should be either slightly-SLIGHTLY-thinner or the same as her neck.

i like ur 3/4 pose, the anatomy looks really good! on the earlier ones i noticed that the hips were to round and wide in relation to the legs on some of the poses featuring women. the widest point on the female body is actually on the top of the thigh, not the hips. another way to references this is that the widest point should be at the bottom of the buttocks.

hope this helps!